Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2024 10:54:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest]
So my business is next door to a laundromat in Colorado Springs. I've started to see some weird things that really stick out to me.

1) Two 15-passenger vans filled with "south american" illegals dropped off at the Laundromat and then picked up later. I've never seen them before or since. No idea what organization is shuttling them around.

2) A guy parked his car in front of our business and then couldn't move it. He didn't speak much english but we were able to determine that he was "dropped off in Denver" by someone and "given a large amount of cash" which he used to purchase a beater car and apparently drive all over the state. No drivers license and no place to go, but did have cash.

How the heck can people think this kind of chaos, lawlessness, and disorder is good for our state? Do we really want people on the street driving unsafe beater cars with no driving experience and no driver's license or insurance that can't even read or understand English? This is a disaster waiting to happen.

I suspect there are some folks in Denver who are taking advantage of the situation by selling beater cars to these people for cash, probably with salvage titles and/or major issues, just something to move them out of the area before they break down. Once the cash is in their hands they have no concerns for what follows.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:02:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#1]
I think the reality is that most (read: majority, however slight) people DON'T want this to happen. It is a net negative for society no matter how you shake it.

The people who DO want this, live in hyper-expensive gated communities and go to their tennis club brunch with representatives, aides, and advisors for public office. They all make the choice to do this, import these people, destroy your communities. WE don't get a say, at all. And if you try and take matters in to your own hands and dare to push back? "INSENSITIVE RACIST!!!!"

Cuz they don't care. They get the votes, they get the federal aid dollars, they get the right to use it as a stump topic ("I was key in providing aid to our suffering immigrants!").
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
At the risk of sounding callous, everyone else's problems are NOT OUR PROBLEMS.

We have 20 Trillion in debt, we can't afford to pay money to illegal immigrants.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
I think the reality is that most (read: majority, however slight) people DON'T want this to happen. It is a net negative for society no matter how you shake it.
View Quote

Maybe true by you, but I live much closer to denver. The middle class  in the suburbs are either totally apathetic or support this. They either don't think about it, or are in complete la la land and think the millions crossing are going to solve all the economic woes. They literally cannot connect the dots that people illegally working will contribute no taxes and undermine legal wages, whilst overwhelming services they don't contribute to. Those who do work legally simply will not want the low paid jobs as the same economic rules apply to them as to the legal workers who do not want these jobs.

The busses should start dropping them off in suberbia. Let Karen suddenly have 50 newcomers in her neighborhood, and 911 tell her FJB won't let state level police deal with the problem.

Those who know me, know my dealings with immigration. The complete anarchy at the border these days is a slap in the face to everyone who has jumped thru hoops to follow the law, then integrate as an American. They are (once again) pissing on the law abiding, doesn't that sound familiar.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wammel:

The busses should start dropping them off in suberbia. Let Karen suddenly have 50 newcomers in her neighborhood, and 911 tell her FJB won't let state level police deal with the problem.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wammel:
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

Yeah, fuck that. I paid good money to raise my family away from scumbags and we'll turn those busses around at the county line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top