Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2024 8:40:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 3:16:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#2]
Let me guess......usual suspects, illegal immigrant invaders or the "religion of peace."  In that order.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 6:28:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
Let me guess......usual suspects, illegal immigrant invaders or the "religion of peace."  In that order.
View Quote

I'm highly interested in the investigative results.

I'm LEO as you may know, I live in Lake county, but don't work for Lake.

I'm thinking more along the lines of sovereign like folks. This appears initially to be a calculated event... but that's just me speculating on the LIMITED info thus far.

ETA- the reason I think this MIGHT be calculated as the reports thus far say the deputies faced heavy gunfire almost immediately upon entering the residence.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
We had deputies staged to go if needed along with our sheriff. Very crappy scene.

Daniel
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:
Apparent Ambush
View Quote

Sad situation.

I'm curious what will be the outcome of investigation. Apparently they were committing a burglary?
I live less than 30 min from Eustis. Always thought it was mostly peaceful rural area. I guess there are bad people everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By osprey21:

I equate these "sovereign" freaks to the STP and Rainbow People of the 60s/70s, completely useless oxygen thieves.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

I'm thinking more along the lines of sovereign like folks.

I equate these "sovereign" freaks to the STP and Rainbow People of the 60s/70s, completely useless oxygen thieves.

Nailed it. The SC and his flat earf wife I camped next to were from that area. I've got DV plates and they still felt obliged to give me a pocket copy of the Constitution with their cult's business card stapled to it. I thought he was fookin with me when he started open carrying an Xd subcompact in a sherpa while walking on the trail.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 11:50:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#9]
Originally Posted By gotpierogi:

Sad situation.

I'm curious what will be the outcome of investigation. Apparently they were committing a burglary?
I live less than 30 min from Eustis. Always thought it was mostly peaceful rural area. I guess there are bad people everywhere.
View Quote

Wife said she saw a report that the wife went next door to confront the neighbor(s)... wife attacks neighbors and is arrested/Baker Act there at the neighbors after the cops are called.

Cops respond to the house, see a back door kicked in and hear a disturbance inside. Cops enter and are pretty much immediately engaged with gunfire.

The dad and two daughters were inside, unclear as to what daughter or daughters fired along with dad, but it appears as of now more than one person was shooting at the cops.

As usual, as more info becomes available and is vetted, this is all subject to change.

Update
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 4:43:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#10]
Some pretty bazaar stuff going on for that area Bow. I always thought that Eustice was a pretty gtg area.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit. Just watched the Sheriff’s press conference.

The surviving suspect the mother, believes she is God, that her husband is the Archangel Michael, and her adult children were both avenging angels working for her husband.

She was trying to get her neighbors to come to her house so the husband and kids could kill them. The neighbors wouldn’t go, and called the sheriff’s office.  They arrived and Baker acted “God”, and went to check on the family. The angel hit squat had staged multiple rifles, pistols, and shotguns around the house. When the deceased deputy went down a hallway, one of the residents shot him multiple times in the back.  They also shot him multiple times while he was down.

SWAT arrived, and entered the house.  They were engaged through an interior wall with a rifle, resulting in another deputy sustaining multiple GSWs. As some point shortly thereafter, the suspects all shot themselves.

Seriously fucked up shit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Terrible news.

RIP good Sir
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ParityError:

The surviving suspect the mother, believes she is God, that her husband is the Archangel Michael, and her adult children were both avenging angels working for her husband.

She was trying to get her neighbors to come to her house so the husband and kids could kill them. The neighbors wouldn’t go, and called the sheriff’s office.  They arrived and Baker acted “God”, and went to check on the family. The angel hit squat had staged multiple rifles, pistols, and shotguns around the house. When the deceased deputy went down a hallway, one of the residents shot him multiple times in the back.  They also shot him multiple times while he was down.

SWAT arrived, and entered the house.  They were engaged through an interior wall with a rifle, resulting in another deputy sustaining multiple GSWs. As some point shortly thereafter, the suspects all shot themselves.

View Quote

I saw that too.  Anti-government/conspiracy theorist propaganda all over the house along with tons of guns staged throughout the house, lots of ammo, and stockpiled food.  They said the girls were pulled out of public school and homeschooled a while  back, with practically no social interaction outside mom and step-dad.  I'm skeptical of all those descriptions as none of that is illegal or inherently bad and don't like the idea that other innocent people may be lumped in with this lot if they're preppers or listen to Alex Jones.

Godspeed to the dead and injured as well as their families, both blood and badge...  
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

If true....total and complete nut bags.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Just wanted to say a few about Brad, the Deputy that was taken from us. I met him when assigned to him in third phase of FTO for the agency.

The guy immediately welcomed me not only as a trainee but as a friend. The thing that is killing me is knowing exactly why he was there in the first place. Brad moved to Ag/marine not too long ago. The day of, Brad was coming off a detail. He didn’t even have to be there to begin with but was doing what he had always done. Looked out for everyone else. He was just an all around good human being a solid cop that loved what he did and a man of god. He didn’t deserve this shit. Not this way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tac45:
Just wanted to say a few about Brad, the Deputy that was taken from us. I met him when assigned to him in third phase of FTO for the agency.

The guy immediately welcomed me not only as a trainee but as a friend. The thing that is killing me is knowing exactly why he was there in the first place. Brad moved to Ag/marine not too long ago. The day of, Brad was coming off a detail. He didn’t even have to be there to begin with but was doing what he had always done. Looked out for everyone else. He was just an all around good human being a solid cop that loved what he did and a man of god. He didn’t deserve this shit. Not this way.
View Quote

I’m sorry for your loss. Just a terrible incident.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#18]
News reports say that one of the two wounded deputies has been released from the hospital. Some good news amidst this tragedy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
View Quote
In that area....no so much ROP.
Useless,Altoona etc aren't big areas...in the sceme of things..

Lake just did a big " clean up" in my area.....but what they flushed out is slowly creeping back in.
But I'm at the tippy top of the county....
Demographic is a tad different.

Sucks to see this shit happen.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Very sorry for your loss. There is no good in this. All we can do is remember a life well lived.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Sorry for you, your agency’s and the community’s loss. My experience with LCSO has been stellar.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

When crazies glue together and then have kids...if no one outside intervenes, the shared delusions can get completely out of hand.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Used to live a few miles from there. That area is sketchy as all get out. Someone gave us a donkey a few years ago very close to that street. Had to go around the neighborhood to get out with a long trailer and was glad I was armed. Hell of a situation for deputies to go into. All the LCSO deputies we deal with are straight up good folks up here near the forest. We have to call them occasionally to report some armed people we’ve had show up on cell cams and minor thefts and such. Railroad grade area in the forest is sketchy as hell too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#26]

The guy immediately welcomed me not only as a trainee but as a friend. The thing that is killing me is knowing exactly why he was there in the first place. Brad moved to Ag/marine not too long ago. The day of, Brad was coming off a detail. He didn't even have to be there to begin with but was doing what he had always done. Looked out for everyone else. He was just an all around good human being a solid cop that loved what he did and a man of god. He didn't deserve this shit. Not this way.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 1:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fixin2] [#27]
Still, what a waste. Deputy doing his job honorably and gunned down
by wasted human debris. RIP Deputy. I hope they rot in hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top