Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/29/2024 10:17:13 PM EDT
So...if you object to FL turning blue like CO did after they allowed recreational pot, don't forget who got the ball rolling.  John Morgan is running radio ads claiming we need to "finish what he started" urging listeners to vote for recreational pot in Florida.  Is it a surprise that John Morgan is a Democrat?  If I ever need an ambulance chaser, it won't be Morgan & Morgan.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a CO refugee.  In my humble opinion, what made colorado blue wasn't weed, it was money.  The tax revenue off weed is better than gas or tobacco, and the tax source (weed shops) can't get bank accounts so the weed shops are really at the mercy of the state.  It's the economics, not the product.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
So...if you object to FL turning blue like CO did after they allowed recreational pot, don't forget who got the ball rolling.  John Morgan is running radio ads claiming we need to "finish what he started" urging listeners to vote for recreational pot in Florida.  Is it a surprise that John Morgan is a Democrat?  If I ever need an ambulance chaser, it won't be Morgan & Morgan.
View Quote

Remember, he hosted a Zero fund raising party at his house.

He is in for the money not the consequences.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
M&M gave a Million dollars to Gilliam when he was running against Desantis. (When he lost) M&M asked for their money back. Gilliam said "You cant give money and ask for it back when I lost". They are liberal fucks.
I still am for legalization. The government needs to stay out of regulating the "weeds" that God has provided us.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Follow the money,
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Follow the money,
View Quote
Speaking of money, DeSantis is stupidly burning political capital.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be voting against this.  It's always billed as "tax it and use the money for schools to keep the students from eating lead paint for lunch", or such, and all it ends up doing is increasing the number of dope heads stumbling around.

Needs 60% to pass, is that correct?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 1stID:
I'll be voting against this.  It's always billed as "tax it and use the money for schools to keep the students from eating lead paint for lunch", or such, and all it ends up doing is increasing the number of dope heads stumbling around.

View Quote
Yup, and it'll pass.

Ditch weed shouldn't be illegal. And I've never touched the stuff.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Yup, and it'll pass.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yup, and it'll pass.

Freedom be scary yo.

But do we really need an amendment to the state’s constitution to legalize weed? (This is of course a rhetorical question)
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Freedom be scary yo.

But do we really need an amendment to the state's constitution to legalize weed? (This is of course a rhetorical question)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Yup, and it'll pass.

Freedom be scary yo.

But do we really need an amendment to the state's constitution to legalize weed? (This is of course a rhetorical question)
With a Republican supermajority that refuses to seize the issue and control it by passing legislation. They've lost control and now it is up to the voters. This will be a major tool to get Democrats and Independent voters to the polls in November. Republicans could have nipped this in the butt, but they didn't.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
We need a ballot referendum that bans future amendments to the state constitution via ballot referendum.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Gilly:
We need a ballot referendum that bans future amendments to the state constitution via ballot referendum.
View Quote

This right here.  We have a R supermajority but yet we are losing on things like minimum wage and pot and an "assault weapon ban" can't be far off in the future.   The demonrats have found a back door to legislation and then bring in the big money from Soros and other globalist/communist merchants of evil.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't kid yourself, M&M sees lots of car wrecks in the future they can make money off of.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:53:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#13]
I was for it initially. Then against it after reading people saying their State went to shit because of all the people who moved there to get baked, but a lot of those places were early on in "the movement" (say that is in a hippie voice, please.) Whoever is smoking pot in FL is going to do it no matter what, I don't think there will be a massive increase in reefer users, nor a giant influx of pot head residents. I'm back to voting "for" it because the law is bullshit. I do hope the State and Countries/cities will make it illegal to smoke in public though.

One thing, it would hopefully cut down on, are people od'ing on fentanayl (sp) lace pot, which we are seeing cases of.

I also believe the State has zero plan when/if this passes, they will drag their feet, and there will be lawsuits against the State. Last article I read, they said they had no plan and hadn't given any thought to a plan.

I can't wait until the homeless camping law goes live, I plan on reporting every motherfucking one I see to the Police, and if they don't do anything, I'm going to start filing complaints. Fuckers are a menace here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#14]
Yup, and it'll pass.
View All Quotes
Yup, and it'll pass.
It shouldn't be, but my libertarian streak has ended, so I'll go ahead and be a hypocrite here and vote against it rather comfortably.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I remember hearing that he has monetary interest in grow operations
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m pro-legalization but voting against this (oxymoron, I know) because I know this is dear to progressives and since 2020 I absolutely hate them. After face diapers, vaccines and other mandate madness, it’s absolute hatred.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#17]
That ambulance chaser is going to make money on both sides. You can’t tell me he doesn’t have interests in growing the crap and as already point out the accidents it causes. One thing everyone forgets, get into an auto accident and someone dies they will take a blood sample. The THC stays there a lot longer than the old Gainesville green.  Use it and you stand a chance of getting new lodging courtesy of the state, ie DOC.  Something to think about.

Daniel
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
I remember hearing that he has monetary interest in grow operations
View Quote
He is set up for mass scale vertical integration once legalization happens. It is financial for him. I remember seeing him at the Capitol over a decade ago push for it, while pushing some folks in wheelchairs to pity lawmakers into supporting legal medical marijuana.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#19]
This will be a turnout machine for the Democrats at thr polls. And thr stupidity of the Republicans is, they could have nipped it in the butt and controlled. But didn't because of their religious/moral fundamentalist high horse. Well, it has grown beyond their control and now they get to deal with the coming political fallout of their hubris.

It will more than likely pass.

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#20]
John Morgan's brother is disabled and weed helped him deal with his issues. That is what got John interested in it initially.  I own agriculture land NE of Tampa and lease it to the 3rd largest grower in the state.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#21]
They passed this in CT a while back. I still follow news from there once in a while. The amount of wrong way drivers on the highways skyrocketed because a lot of people is driving stoned, and that's not even counting drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#22]
This will be a turnout machine for the Democrats at thr polls. And thr stupidity of the Republicans is, they could have nipped it in the butt and controlled. But didn't because of their religious/moral fundamentalist high horse. Well, it has grown beyond their control and now they get to deal with the coming political fallout of their hubris.

View Quote

What states have improved for conservative gun owners after marijuana legalization?

Serious question, I respect your opinion and lobbying.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

That is 2 of us.  Three counting my wife who smoked a lot back in the day.  One trip to the PNW/CO/CA and she is now firmly against recreational use.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:

What states have improved for conservative gun owners after marijuana legalization?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:

The issue is that most states that passed it legislatively were anti-gun to begin with. The issuenwith FL is that the people want it. The Republicans could have controlled it and done it legislatively, thus removing it as a "bring out the vote" tool for the Democrats. Furthermore, the Republicans could have controlled the aspect of legalization l, what is and isn't legalized, etc...

Instead, they kicked the can down the road, and now it will blow up in their faces.

If you want to see a prediction, look at the $15 minimum wage amendment that passed. Floridians resoundingly voted for that. Again, the Republicans in the Legislature could have done something, but didn't.

Constitutional Amendments are dangerous in FL since the mob is fickle.

I'd say Ohio is the only state that has improved gun rights while at the same time legalizing ditch weed.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 6:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#25]
Auto insurance will go up for sure.  Ins. Companies writing auto in Florida already have their form letters written to request their increases.  They will be on firm ground.  Everyone will pay for the stoners' "muh weed freedom" if this train wreck passes.

I don't believe this is a slam dunk on passage.  There are a great many older folk in our state that do not want this to pass and they vote.  I do think, however, that it will be close.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#26]
This will bring out all of the democrat voters.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]
With a Republican supermajority that refuses to seize the issue and control it by passing legislation. They've lost control and now it is up to the voters. This will be a major tool to get Democrats and Independent voters to the polls in November. Republicans could have nipped this in the butt, but they didn't.
View Quote

Florida republicans are weak and going to lose if this makes the ballot.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

Florida republicans are weak and going to lose if this makes the ballot.
View Quote

It is on this November's ballot.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

It needs 60%? In liberal progressive Washington, the vote for legalization was 55.7%. 56% in liberal progressive Oregon. 57% in liberal progressive California.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#30]
What a weird way to spin it. No government should be telling anybody what they can and cant do with natural stuff.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 4:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#31]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
This will bring out all of the democrat voters.
View Quote

I agree that it will bring out more demonrat voters but we have no governor up for election and our Trump numbers are much higher than some reefer addicts can manage to dent.  At least our Republicans have done away with a great deal of election cheating.  I'm not worried about demonrats....they are powerless in our state.  This is why they have to get everything they want through a referendum instead of through the legislature.  

Shame on any conservative here that will help the demonrats on #3 as it is dead without help from Republican voters.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Not related, but pay attention to judges and school boards. We came close to getting a commie
on our school board last election
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:37:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#33]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:

I agree that it will bring out more demonrat voters but we have no governor up for election and our Trump numbers are much higher than some reefer addicts can manage to dent.  At least our Republicans have done away with a great deal of election cheating.  I'm not worried about demonrats....they are powerless in our state.  This is why they have to get everything they want through a referendum instead of through the legislature.  

Shame on any conservative here that will help the demonrats on #3 as it is dead without help from Republican voters.
View Quote
State legislative seats are what's important and at play. Along with mayoral races, school boards, town councils, county commissions, etc....
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:18:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalashnikov762] [#35]
State legislative seats are what's important and at play. Along with mayoral races, school boards, town councils, county commissions, etc....
View Quote

I do realize that.  I vote in every primary and general.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#36]
The Shit reaks and it needs to go...

If you need medical - what is wrong with a pill or gummy?  Why do you need to smoke it?

Red
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By badredfish:
The Shit reaks and it needs to go...

If you need medical - what is wrong with a pill or gummy?  Why do you need to smoke it?

Red
View Quote
[Jeopardy] Who fucking cares? [/Jeopardy]

Again, the Republicans could have nipped this in the butt and controlled it via the legislature. But they didn't and now it is going to blow up in their faces come November.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Coldbore556:
What a weird way to spin it. No government should be telling anybody what they can and cant do with natural stuff.
View Quote
Grain,sugar,yeast.
And yet it's controlled.

Non smoker but I'm to the point of just legalize it. The medical shit s a joke....and it's everywhere

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#39]
As someone that came from Washington State that made it recreationally legal..............don't go down this rabbit hole.  People will call it "medicine", "it will reduce crime", "it will make the streets safer because its legal".

Everyone of those excuses is false unless you are a cancer patient.  After it was made legal, weed shops went up on every corner.  You couldn't even go to the zoo with your kids without smelling weed everywhere.  Take your kids to the park....weed.  Thake them to the aquarium....weed.  You name it, weed everywhere.

Kids showing up in the ER because they found mom and dads gummy's and ate the hole bag.  Teens getting ahold of it before their brains haven't fully developed and they get stuck in the maturity of a 17yo. The kids that learned they could smoke that shit and end up becoming so lazy they cant hold a job because they develop "amotivational syndrome" and all they want to do is smoke weed and watch anime.

Then....OMG.....armed robbery of all the weed shops.  Dudes driving cars through the front door, stripping the "medicine" off the walls and taking off.  Now the weed shops have to have concrete pylons out in front to stop cars from coming through them.  Doesn't stop them from coming through the weed shop sally port, showing a bogus ID and then putting the ski mask's on and the guns come out.

There is a multitude of reasons I left that state and weed is one of them.  I got sick and tired of smelling that shit EVERYWHERE I went.

Are there people that can be responsible, yes.  The VAST majority will not be.  The "Virtuous" will say you are taking their medicine away from them and "its better than alcohol".  That may be true until you roll up on someone doing 40mph in the left lane of I-75 because they are so stoned they cant see straight.  90% of my DUI stops end up being weed related in SW FL.  I can pull behind the car and smell it before I even throw my lights on.  Then they want to pull the "medical card" on me. The bag of shit Doc that signed off on their high school ankle injury didnt tell them that you can only use it at home......GTFO.

Cancer patients, severe ptsd.....I get it, I'll buy into it.  I am a vet, and my wife is fighting cancer.  Would I rather see her using weed than pharmaceuticals that will poison her, yes.

I feel like I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh yeah, referencing the M&M.  They are in it for the money, make no mistake.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Bronze:
As someone that came from Washington State that made it recreationally legal..............don't go down this rabbit hole.  People will call it "medicine", "it will reduce crime", "it will make the streets safer because its legal".

Everyone of those excuses is false unless you are a cancer patient.  After it was made legal, weed shops went up on every corner.  You couldn't even go to the zoo with your kids without smelling weed everywhere.  Take your kids to the park....weed.  Thake them to the aquarium....weed.  You name it, weed everywhere.

Kids showing up in the ER because they found mom and dads gummy's and ate the hole bag.  Teens getting ahold of it before their brains haven't fully developed and they get stuck in the maturity of a 17yo. The kids that learned they could smoke that shit and end up becoming so lazy they cant hold a job because they develop "amotivational syndrome" and all they want to do is smoke weed and watch anime.

Then....OMG.....armed robbery of all the weed shops.  Dudes driving cars through the front door, stripping the "medicine" off the walls and taking off.  Now the weed shops have to have concrete pylons out in front to stop cars from coming through them.  Doesn't stop them from coming through the weed shop sally port, showing a bogus ID and then putting the ski mask's on and the guns come out.

There is a multitude of reasons I left that state and weed is one of them.  I got sick and tired of smelling that shit EVERYWHERE I went.

Are there people that can be responsible, yes.  The VAST majority will not be.  The "Virtuous" will say you are taking their medicine away from them and "its better than alcohol".  That may be true until you roll up on someone doing 40mph in the left lane of I-75 because they are so stoned they cant see straight.  90% of my DUI stops end up being weed related in SW FL.  I can pull behind the car and smell it before I even throw my lights on.  Then they want to pull the "medical card" on me. The bag of shit Doc that signed off on their high school ankle injury didnt tell them that you can only use it at home......GTFO.

Cancer patients, severe ptsd.....I get it, I'll buy into it.  I am a vet, and my wife is fighting cancer.  Would I rather see her using weed than pharmaceuticals that will poison her, yes.

I feel like I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By protus:
Grain,sugar,yeast.
And yet it's controlled.

Non smoker but I'm to the point of just legalize it. The medical shit s a joke....and it's everywhere

View Quote

Not yet.  Go to the PNW or other state with recreational MJ.  People sitting at green traffic lights, so stoned they don't realize it is green and still toking up.  Driving the wrong way down a one-way street, etc.  At least it saves you from yelling "Are you f**king high?"  because you know they are.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

Not yet.  Go to the PNW or other state with recreational MJ.  People sitting at green traffic lights, so stoned they don't realize it is green and still toking up.  Driving the wrong way down a one-way street, etc.  At least it saves you from yelling "Are you f**king high?"  because you know they are.
View Quote
That's not really any different today with FL drivers. Have you been to The Villages lately? What about South FL? Old people can't drive.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Does this means pothead Nikki is going to be the new weed czar for the state?

I need her to print more stickers of her face so I turn her to the Joker again.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiFlow] [#45]
That's not really any different today with FL drivers. Have you been to The Villages lately? What about South FL? Old people can't drive.
View Quote

Old people on weed is gonna be a shit show of epic proportions.

No store front window will be safe. BOLLARDS EVERYWHERE!
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:23:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#46]
Originally Posted By HiFlow:

View Quote

That won't be anything new.  My favorite place in Port Charlotte got nailed by one in 2022.

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HiFlow:

View Quote

You saved me from typing that.  A LOT of today's old folks (i'm 69) smoked ditch weed in their youth.  They will think today's enhanced pot is the same and that they could handle it just fine at 16 so they can handle it at 86.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Old people like to that to pharmacies. That why they have more bollards and columns than gun shops these days
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

View Quote
By everywhere,  I mean in public here.
I drive 80+ miles to/from work.
All I smell is weed. And this is on a 2 lane state rd/hwy that's a death trap anyway.
Go to an outdoor venue....weed.
Fuck let alone events like bike week.
Go to the beach to fish....weed...
The " I got my card" types don't care...

I don't walk around a venue sipping straight out the bottle....and damn sure that's gauranteed to bring the man into my life rfn.

I don't think shit should be regulated be it booze,firearms or weed by the fed.
Guess it's my inner hippy...in my older years peaking through.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#50]
John Morgan fronted the money to get medical pot legal in Florida.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top