Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2024 8:20:51 PM EDT
The May 21, 2024 Major Tornado Outbreak, As It Happened...
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Wind and rain mostly....

Was there any actual tornado touchdowns? I haven't heard of any.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eclark53520:
Wind and rain mostly....

Was there any actual tornado touchdowns? I haven't heard of any.
View Quote
They were all radar indicated. Just rotation seen on radar, no funnels (but they could had formed fast)
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It's now policy to sound the sirens for dangerous high winds now. Since they were saying up to 70mph, it was a good call.

When they went off, I went on the porch like any good midwesterner...
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
It's now policy to sound the sirens for dangerous high winds now. Since they were saying up to 70mph, it was a good call.

When they went off, I went on the porch like any good midwesterner...
View Quote

Yep, I spent most of the night on the porch.  

Some good lightning/thunder on the storm that came through after the initial storm front.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
They were all radar indicated. Just rotation seen on radar, no funnels (but they could had formed fast)
View Quote

There were two confirmed in Marathon County. Near Unity & Edgar.

https://www.wsaw.com/2024/05/23/nws-edgar-tornado-confirmed-be-ef-1-unity-tornado-confirmed/
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:

There were two confirmed in Marathon County. Near Unity & Edgar.

https://www.wsaw.com/2024/05/23/nws-edgar-tornado-confirmed-be-ef-1-unity-tornado-confirmed/
View Quote

I just get the warnings locally for Rock, Dane, Jefferson, Walworth and Green.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Milton got f'd up yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#8]
So far they're say it's mostly all tree damage.

The scammers will hit them tomorrow. The "roof damage" scammers. We had them come through for a few days after last week's storms. Trespassing, refusing to leave, targeting seniors, fake soliciting licenses, etc.

We didn't have hail in our town.

On a more positive note, the "free firewood" ads have started showing up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
So far they're say it's mostly all tree damage.

The scammers will hit them tomorrow. The "roof damage" scammers. We had them come through for a few days after last week's storms. Trespassing, refusing to leave, targeting seniors, fake soliciting licenses, etc.

We didn't have hail in our town.

On a more positive note, the "free firewood" ads have started showing up.
View Quote
The amount of those fucktards that swarmed here in May 2018 after the big hail storm that hit the area. One I chased from my driveway to a waiting truck and took off. Local PD found them and "encouraged them" to leave town. Some fuckers from Texas. One guy called a week later and told my mom that they were coming out to check the roof per the owners request. Guess they didnt realize the owner of this duplex is MY BROTHER. He already had his guy come out and look at it. She told them to fuck off and dont try. Local PD was busy for 2-3 weeks chasing those assholes around. Thats why I have no tresspassing/no soliciting signs up and yet they ignore them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top