Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2024 2:01:26 PM EDT
Hey guys, after retiring, I have finally moved from Jersey to Penn.
I’m in Stroudsburg, and could use some recommendations for gun shops in the area.
Thanks in advance.

Gotta say, I will miss some of the cuisine across the river.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sarco in Easton is not far from you. The Heritage Guild is another big gun shop literally right next to it.

Welcome from a fellow NJ escapee

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I used to go to the Heritage in Rahway. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations on your escape! Best shop in area is a hard one, but best inventory is Dunklebergers, either the Main Street location or the Brodheadsville store. Best service is probably Buck Hill firearms in Cresco. Best smith is Craig Colabaugh. Best club is Blue Ridge Cherry valley in Sciota.

Now other stuff… best Italian restaurant is Volare’s in Tannersville, best pizza is arguable but Amici’s in Tannersville is pretty good and try Dominick’s in East Stroudsburg also. Best Cheesesteaks Teddys University in Stroudsburg. Best wings, Tom X in Marshall’s Creek or Pocono Pub. Best Pub is also arguable but Floods, Siamsa, Yard of Ale, Pocono Pub are all pretty good. Best diner, Arlington or Meadowbrook are both excellent. Best car repair non dealership is easily Mott’s Auto on 715. Best Hvac is Hanaberry. Others available upon request, just reach out via PM.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thx racer, nice rundown for a bunch of different needs!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
No problem! Glad to help out!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Best gun shop probably would be Boyers hardware in slatington.

Heritage guild can suck a bag of dicks. They cater to the NY/Nj customers and are more about selling what the call “the experience “

Dunkelbergers has good inventory but don’t forget he rolled over for years and provided New York with a list of every make,model and serial # and person it was sold to.

Sarco is nice but always seemed like a clusterfuck to deal with.

Transfers I use Gallagher guns. He is good about calling you they day it arrives and not making you wait.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep Boyers is great but that is little outside of the Pocono area, which is why I didn’t include it. Forgot about transfers and Buck hill charges only $10 and I think 30 for p2p. Dunkelbergers STILL does that purchase reporting to both the NYPD and the NY State attorneys office per the settlement agreement and is subject to monthly FTA inspection.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Not so familiar with your new area in PA, but I've eaten at Joe Bosco's BBQ in Delaware Water Gap and also at Sango Kura right next door.  Both restaurants have very good food and Sango Kura brews their own Sake in several varieties.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By k75zracer:
Yep Boyers is great but that is little outside of the Pocono area, which is why I didn’t include it. Forgot about transfers and Buck hill charges only $10 and I think 30 for p2p. Dunkelbergers STILL does that purchase reporting to both the NYPD and the NY State attorneys office per the settlement agreement and is subject to monthly FTA inspection.
View Quote

Yeah, that alone should be enough to make no one purchase a firearm at Dunkleberger however he still stays in business somehow.

I always tell everyone Boyers is definitely worth the drive even though I also consider it a little outside of the Pocono area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top