[#2]
This needs a thread in GD .
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gotpierogi:
This needs a thread in GD .
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Over-150-people-called-the-cops-in-Greenwich-for-gas-leaf-blowers-last-month/5-2734853/
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 5:51:06 AM EDT
[#4]

LOL most calls were apparently unfounded.
Slusarz noted that of the 181 leaf blower calls the department got between May 25 and July 1, most of them were "unfounded," meaning a responding officer did not find a violation.

Most of the calls were labelled unfounded, Slusarz said, because officers did not find anyone using the gas-powered leaf blowers when they arrived or people on scene were using another type of lawn care tool, like gas-powered hedge trimmers, which are allowed under the noise ordinance.

Slusarz said that the department issued 28 warnings about blower usage through July 1 and that officers had not encountered any repeat offenders.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#5]
If ya really want to piss off the Karens I have two words for ya.  Expansion chambers!

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 7:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#6]
I can't believe that the town could actually pass this type of ordinance. Even more, I'm surprised no lawsuits yet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
I can't believe that the town could actually pass this type of ordinance. Even more, I'm surprised no lawsuits yet.
View Quote
Westport has it as well
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I can understand the spirit behind this. My neighbors spend hours with their silly backpack blowers moving leaves around their .25 acre plantations. This things are so damn loud

They start at 8am and go until lunch time. They do this for 2-3 weekends.

I mow my lawn in 45 minutes . Once all the leaves are down I pull them out of the flowers beds and then mow the lawn again. Easy, peasy, done!.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By edgephoto:
I can understand the spirit behind this. My neighbors spend hours with their silly backpack blowers moving leaves around their .25 acre plantations. This things are so damn loud
View Quote

Same. Can understand why some push for such noise nuisance laws even if it seems silly or unenforceable. Can be very loud when several lawn companies are in the neighborhood all using power equipment all at the same time.

Then of course there is always the one neighbor who decides to mow their yard with a noisy and loud mower at 6am on a Saturday or Sunday morning to "beat the heat".
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a new John Deere X350 lawn tractor two years ago which is fairly quiet, shiny, and pretty John Deere green.  Other than that I made the switch to Milwaukee battery powered blower, weed trimmer, pole saw, lawn mower, 2 hedge trimmers, blah, blah, blah.  The gas stuff is long termed stored just in case.

Can I move to Greenwich?  Can I?  Huh?  I'll be a good little commie I promise.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#11]
If I lived in Greenwich I would buy tree length firewood and practice for the Stihl Timbersports Hot Saw event every freaking day.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#12]
love it
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:52:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: group8] [#13]
Hot Saw World Record // STIHL TIMBERSPORTS®

STIHL TIMBERSPORTS® Mid-Atlantic Pro Qualifier 2012 - Hot Saw
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
This basically just seems like rich do-gooders turning their town into an HOA.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By M4DUDE:
This basically just seems like rich do-gooders turning their town into an HOA.
View Quote

Its Karen central.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I just called….
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top