Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2024 3:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RicARd]
Heads-up! Proposed Wisconsin Constitutional Amendments coming up for a vote in August and November.

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/2024/07/on-the-ballot-amending-wisconsins-constitution/
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By RicARd:
Heads-up! Proposed Wisconsin Constitutional Amendments coming up for a vote in August and November.

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/2024/07/on-the-ballot-amending-wisconsins-constitution/
View Quote

Thanks for the Info!
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]
remember to re-post this before the 8/13 election and the November 5th election.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Liberals want illegal immigrants to have voting rights.

That's why they brought in so many millions of them.

I predict that this amendment will not pass because there will be enough non-U.S. citizens voting against it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3xpert:

Thanks for the Info!
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
You're welcome! Glad it's useful.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm seeing ads that say Wisconsin can't fix its roads if the amendments pass. Paid for by savetheconstitution or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I just saw a sign saying to vote no. A blue sign with white letters.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
I just saw a sign saying to vote no. A blue sign with white letters.
View Quote

I have a neighbor with usually a half dozen lib/Democrat signs.

So logically I vote the opposite of what she has up.  Saves me time researching
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#9]
https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin_2024_ballot_measures

There is another measure on the November ballot that addresses voting requirements (Citizens only).
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 6:50:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wisbiker67] [#10]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I'm seeing ads that say Wisconsin can't fix its roads if the amendments pass. Paid for by savetheconstitution or something like that.
View Quote

They fix roads and steer money to Madison and Milwaukee, and dole out
the scraps to the towns that need it as they feel.Our town
was supposed to get close to 80,000 to fix roads,then Evers decided Milwaukee needed bike paths. We got Zilch.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Email from my State Senator clarifying the amendments to vote on this coming Tuesday.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#12]
That's a great summary. Thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Eowen370:
Email from my State Senator clarifying the amendments to vote on this coming Tuesday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494374/Screenshot_2024-08-09_080327_png-3289724.JPG
View Quote

How do these amendments compare to the current constitutional power given ti the legislature?
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Go vote people!

The constitutional questions are sorta tricky. Use the guide above for the summary of what they mean.

18 and 19 in my ward at 7:30 ish, so vote turn out in the morning is low.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#15]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

How do these amendments compare to the current constitutional power given ti the legislature?
View Quote

This.  I'm having a hard time figuring out the current system.

Eta #110 in a rural township at 1:30
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I was #40 at 7:20 this morning.  Town of just under 11,000.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I voted around 1 pm.  That place was busier than I expected for the middle of a weekday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

View Quote

I don't know how the language currently is.

Voted @ 16:20 in a rural township (approx. 1,100 pop.) I was #108.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:
Go vote people!

The constitutional questions are sorta tricky. Use the guide above for the summary of what they mean.

18 and 19 in my ward at 7:30 ish, so vote turn out in the morning is low.
View Quote

The county had a print out with the language & an explanation of what it means.  Similar to what I posted above, but without the "Vote Yes" if you want this & "Vote No" if you want this
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I did my part. 322 @4:25PM.

Then I see some dumb cunt low information voter on TV that said "RePuBlIcAnS aRe DeCePtIvE sO i HaVe To VoTe AgAiNsT tHiS" that cancelled out my vote.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#21]
So as much as I hate the current Governor I don’t think I can get behind these amendments.

Historically the power of the purse has always fallen to the executive branch. I can see this biting the republicans in the ass down the line if we ever get a Republican governor back in the office.

With the district restructuring I don’t see the assembly staying as red down the line.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#22]
All I need to know is if the Dems say to vote no, I'm voting (voted) yes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#23]
#690 @ 2:30
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kapusta:
All I need to know is if the Dems say to vote no, I'm voting (voted) yes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 8:32:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: braapJob] [#25]
Late vote, busy day and completely forgot until getting kids ready for bed just now. #181 of mid-500 little farm town.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Talked to the vote watchers, they couldn’t believe the turnout.

They think it was for the ballot questions.

I go by 6 town halls on the way home, ALL of them were packed tonight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Same here, drove by town hall around 2:30 and most of the parking lot was full.  Same thing when I went in to vote later.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like no bueno on the referendum.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wisbiker67:

They fix roads and steer money to Madison and Milwaukee, and dole out
the scraps to the towns that need it as they feel.Our town
was supposed to get close to 80,000 to fix roads,then Evers decided Milwaukee needed bike paths. We got Zilch.
View Quote

It appears that Madison Democrat voters turned out in droves to defeat these two initiatives. Gotta keep that cash cow sending money to Madison and Milwaukee while the rest of the state starves.
Gary
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#30]
November isnt looking good after these results
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By crawej21:
November isnt looking good after these results
View Quote

I agree, I don't have a warm & fuzzy feeling for November.  I feel we are heading towards Minnesota Light.

A polling station on the Northside of the City of Eau Claire ran out of paper ballots, due to higher than expected turn out! per WQOW 18.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#32]
That referendum was very difficult to understand.

I wonder how many people voted NO thinking they were voting to NOT give the Governor power over the purse strings…
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

I wonder how many people voted NO thinking they were voting to NOT give the Governor power over the purse strings…
View Quote

Agreed. My granddaughter and her husband, both staunch conservatives, had to text me, to ask me to explain it to them. They didn't know which way to vote. Shit, even my wife had no clue. I had to tell her to vote yes as we drove to the town hall to vote.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#34]
In a lot of areas there wasn't even much of reason for Dems to go vote yet 650,000 more people voted on the referendums than the Republican Senate primary.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:

Agreed. My granddaughter and her husband, both staunch conservatives, had to text me, to ask me to explain it to them. They didn't know which way to vote. Shit, even my wife had no clue. I had to tell her to vote yes as we drove to the town hall to vote.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:

The Republican party didn't spend enough on advertising what the purpose of the vote was, meanwhile (D) PACs had ads all over Google AdServices.

Over 25% of (R) voters in our town yesterday couldn't understand the questions as worded.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#36]
The commies got what commies always want...a direct line into the tax payers wallet with no oversight.

From those who have to those who want according to their greed...

This state really sucks now...accept for the lakes up north.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:31:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#37]
Originally Posted By The-White-Dog:

The Republican party didn't spend enough on advertising what the purpose of the vote was, meanwhile (D) PACs had ads all over Google AdServices.

Over 25% of (R) voters in our town yesterday couldn't understand the questions as worded.
View Quote

and why our "Supreme" Court's newest justice was put in place...the hubby beater.

Zuckerbuck$
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By crawej21:
In a lot of areas there wasn't even much of reason for Dems to go vote yet 650,000 more people voted on the referendums than the Republican Senate primary.
View Quote

WI GOP better up their game or the Democrats are going to sweep political races come this November.
Gary
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jack_pine_savage:

WI GOP better up their game or the Democrats are going to sweep political races come this November.
Gary
View Quote

And that is the biggest issue with WI conservative voters.  They are chronically lazy and need the GOP leadership to really start lighting a fire under them.  Lets not talk about the stupid infighting that cost us conservatives in the WI supreme court race.

WI is a conservative state, conservative voters need to start acting like it.  WI doesnt have a huge metro area like Chicago, NYC, etc to throw the elections into Dem favorite consistently.  Madison and Milwaukee are honestly pretty small fry compared to the rest of the state, its just that their voters actually get out and vote.  

Until these things happen, Madison and Milwaukee and their shitty policies will rule the state.  Its like I explained to my kid "You can either vote, or not vote.  But if you dont vote, youre going to get what the other guy wants, and chances are, youre going to get it good and hard"
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Kaldor:

And that is the biggest issue with WI conservative voters.  They are chronically lazy and need the GOP leadership to really start lighting a fire under them.  Lets not talk about the stupid infighting that cost us conservatives in the WI supreme court race.

WI is a conservative state, conservative voters need to start acting like it.  WI doesnt have a huge metro area like Chicago, NYC, etc to throw the elections into Dem favorite consistently.  Madison and Milwaukee are honestly pretty small fry compared to the rest of the state, its just that their voters actually get out and vote.  

Until these things happen, Madison and Milwaukee and their shitty policies will rule the state.  Its like I explained to my kid "You can either vote, or not vote.  But if you dont vote, youre going to get what the other guy wants, and chances are, youre going to get it good and hard"
View Quote

It’s not just Madison and Milwaukee.  Add in Eau Claire, Superior, La Crosse, and any other city with a college in it.

And many of the counties around Madison are pretty hard core blue.

As the kids move into the cities, they will take over the rural voter.

It is a done deal, it is just going to take some time…
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#41]

It’s not just Madison and Milwaukee.  Add in Eau Claire, Superior, La Crosse, and any other city with a college in it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kaldor:

And lets add any town with a sizable manufacturing facility like Oshkosh, Janesville and Sheboygan, that have a large union presence. AFL-CIO has always been a Democrat water carrier.
Gary
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#42]
https://www.fox6now.com/news/wisconsin-referendum-results-democrats-republicans

Couple things from the article.  This doesn't leave me feeling very optimistic for Nov.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#43]

I can't understand why an initiative that would benefit the conservative side would get no significant support.

It's also bizarre that the liberal side opposes it. The amendments literally increase democracy and democratic institutions in the state, but the Dems were against because the Reps hold the legislature. Cognitive dissonance.

Here's another complaint about the advertising in particular. I get YouTube ads that are pretty much exclusively Democratic ads. Why do I not see Republican ads? I'm SICK of all the Dem advertising, with no counter that I can see.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Those social media sites probably donate the time/space at no charge, after all, they're part of the problem.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#45]
When the candidate with the most money in their campaign funds wins most elections, it only means those offices are being bought by those who stand to gain more money from the person they bought & paid for to be in that office. The whole fucking system is now corrupt to the core.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top