Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 5:15:53 PM EDT
Does anyone know if its a go or no go and how one could find out for sure?

I have a friend in who is temporarily living in Bridgeton/St. Ann now, just bought 15 acres in Washington County (Blackwell MO) and has a decent amount of woods/Pasture.  Pretty big Gun Guy, He'd fit in good here.  He is asking me and I'm thinking it is, but not 100% sure.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked at my Town Clerk's Office .

They looked at me like I was stupid, but I got the answer I wanted.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I told him he should call the Sheriff's office on a non emergency line and ask.

If they say it's a no go, ask them for a copy of specific ordinances...
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:27:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blake-b] [#4]
Here is another to look at:

RSMO 537.294

I agree the local sheriff would have the most insight.

It seems long as you are shooting in a responsible manner (proper backstop, etc), not violating the unlawful use of a weapon statute, aren't a convicted felon, and on private property not subject to ordinances in place by a city or a county, it is legal.

I've never seen a Missouri law that stated a minimum number of acres to have a range.

Another source could be the Department of Conservation if you run across one of them before getting to the Sheriff.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There are no county codes in Washington County which regulate shooting on your own land.  I guarantee that if you spend a couple days on the land you will hear gunfire from the neighbors.

I live in a more populous county and have shot my guns and machine guns on my peronal range for over twenty years with no problems.
Top Top