Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2024 9:32:21 PM EDT
Hello
I'm considering selling 2 AR15s in .223/5.56, 1 AR15 in .300 BO, 1 Remington 700 and all with ammo.

Problem is I have been out of the AR world for years and have no idea what they are worth. I have no idea how many rounds are down the pipe in each one. All are fairly new and in good condition. Any ideas on how much to expect?
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the manufacture, accessories, any optics among other things. Way too generic a question to offer any real advice.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 12:45:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JesB] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By F224:
It depends on the manufacture, accessories, any optics among other things. Way too generic a question to offer any real advice.
View Quote

1 AR15 .223 Wylde 16 inch barrel, Giselle trigger, BCM upper, RRA lower, Primary Arms scope.
1 AR15 .223/5.56 16 inch barrel, Giselle handguard, Spikes lower, not sure about other specs, PA scope
1 AR15 .300 BO Spikes lower, BCM upper, 16 inch barrel, PA scope
1 Rem 700 bolt action .223. No modifications. PA scope

2 ammo cans of .300 BO ammo all factory in factory boxes. Brass.
3 ammo cans of .223 ammo all factory in factory boxes. Brass
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The AR market is absolutely flooded.  You can build a perfectly functioning AR for $500, less with careful shopping.  Used AR will be less no matter what parts are on it.  The Remington will be a tough sale simply because there isn't much you can do with it in Iowa, other that coyotes.  Used bolt guns just don't move.  Plus it depends which generation of Remington that 700 is.  Big Green cranked out a lot a crap in recent years.

The AR's, $400 to $500 and it will take awhile to move them.  The 700, probably less.  Closer to the election the semi-auto market may turn around, but I'm seeing no sign of panic yet.  

Ammoseek will tell you the current ammo market for new.  Second hand ammo can be a quirky market.  Some won't touch it, others are fine with it.  

Where are you in Iowa?  Gunshow season is starting up so that may give you an outlet.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
The AR market is absolutely flooded.  You can build a perfectly functioning AR for $500, less with careful shopping.  Used AR will be less no matter what parts are on it.  The Remington will be a tough sale simply because there isn't much you can do with it in Iowa, other that coyotes.  Used bolt guns just don't move.  Plus it depends which generation of Remington that 700 is.  Big Green cranked out a lot a crap in recent years.

The AR's, $400 to $500 and it will take awhile to move them.  The 700, probably less.  Closer to the election the semi-auto market may turn around, but I'm seeing no sign of panic yet.  

Ammoseek will tell you the current ammo market for new.  Second hand ammo can be a quirky market.  Some won't touch it, others are fine with it.  

Where are you in Iowa?  Gunshow season is starting up so that may give you an outlet.
View Quote

NE Iowa
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a used BCM BFH upper and a Spikes lower AR build for $400 dollars last weekend the market is rock bottom right now

Link Posted: 8/16/2024 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless you need the money, your best bet is to wait and see what the market does after the election.

I would say all those listed would be around the $450 mark each.

300BO ammo you can probably get around .50 per round depending on manufacturer.
.223 ammo around .35 per round.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
What variation of 700? If you're near Mason City or New Hampton I'd be willing to take a look at it. There are so many variations that depending on what you have and condition it could be worth $250 or it could be worth 5 times that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 11:56:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JesB] [#8]
Originally Posted By shack357:
What variation of 700? If you're near Mason City or New Hampton I'd be willing to take a look at it. There are so many variations that depending on what you have and condition it could be worth $250 or it could be worth 5 times that.
View Quote

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223. 20 inch barrel. FFP Primary Arms 4-14 scope on top. I live in Black Hawk County but will be in Ackley next Saturday. I do have the specs from the original cardboard box end.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JesB:

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223. 20 inch barrel. FFP Primary Arms 4-14 scope on top. I live in Black Hawk County but will be in Ackley next Saturday. I do have the specs from the original cardboard box end.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'd put that one at $450 if you need to sell it, $600 if you've got time to list it and wait for a buyer.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#10]

I'd put that one at $450 if you need to sell it, $600 if you've got time to list it and wait for a buyer.
View Quote

Would you personally be interested?
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#13]

I was going to suggest the EE myself once it went past how much to ask.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm sure someone would be interested.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome. Thanks for the EE link. Will post everything on there once I get some time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Awesome. Thanks for the EE link. Will post everything on there once I get some time.
View Quote

You can list here as well:
https://www.iowagunforum.com/
It just got started, but more people are joining. Wouldn't hurt any
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top