Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2024 2:44:15 AM EDT
Just a reminder to vote. You should have received your ballots.

It is important to vote this year. Not just for the President, but for the office of Governor and Attorney General.
Though I'm not sure if we even have a shot for Governor.. but we certainly do for AG.

So if you have friends who would vote for Reichert or Pete Serrano.. help them get their ballot out. Make sure to sign the ballot and drop it off at a ballot box, or help them vote at the voting centers.

Here's a link: https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/voters/voter-registration/drop-box-and-voting-center-locations

I hate dealing with politics every year.. but honestly I'm fed up with the direction the Democrat poloticians have been leading us and voting for the other team.
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
YES!  VOTE!  Turd Ferguson is not very popular.  If all of the conservatives would actually VOTE and not give up, maybe we could stop his ascension to the throne  Or get a FAIR replacement as AG.  AND don't forget the Initiatives to roll back some of the stupid shit the Legislature has done to empty the wallets of Washingtonians.

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

rob
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 2:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sixgunsblazing] [#2]
Here in Washington, a vote for Reichert and Serrano is far more important than a vote for Trump. Trump won't win the electoral votes of Wa, but we might get a decent Governor and AG

Link Posted: 10/21/2024 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Do eeeet!
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
This evenings project.  Still trying to figure out whom will be the better Sheriff for Pierce County

Sir James...
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sir_James:
This evenings project.  Still trying to figure out whom will be the better Sheriff for Pierce County

Sir James...
View Quote

Swank is endorsed by the WA GOP, FWIW.
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Mailed off my last Washington ballot today.  No one I voted for will win, but the initiatives might make it worth the "stamp".

Next election I'll be casting in Idaho.  There, almost all of my votes will be for winners.

Link Posted: 10/21/2024 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, who the Hell writes the ballot descriptions for the initiatives?  The typical ignorant person would read them and vote NO on them all.  Total BS.

And while I'm whining, why are public lands commissioner and several others partisan races? - but sheriff is non-partisan.
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 12:16:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#8]
Originally Posted By Teddydog:
YES!  VOTE!  Turd Ferguson is not very popular.  If all of the conservatives would actually VOTE and not give up, maybe we could stop his ascension to the throne  Or get a FAIR replacement as AG.  AND don't forget the Initiatives to roll back some of the stupid shit the Legislature has done to empty the wallets of Washingtonians.

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

rob
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Teddydog:

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

rob

We've already got 1 E-sider on here who practically bragged that he's not bothering to vote because it don't matter none. Plenty zero GAFers on the E side of the Cascades. No sympathy when they're bitching about Terd Gurgleson's big progressive moves if he's on the throne, which is exactly how he'll operate & be viewed. "They'll cheatZMGWTFBBQ!" Yeah, they will. I still won't toss the towel. This whole nation was founded by guys who didn't toss the towel, & many lost everything & didn't even get to experience the benefit of what they fought for. But somehow in 2024, filling out a ballot & mailing it or dropping it off at a precinct is a bridge too far.

If the turnout is significant enough, it makes cheating too obvious to ignore. But when you sit home & refuse to actively vote against it, you're just making it easier for any illegitimate cheat votes to fly under the radar, & it's effectively the same as supporting & condoning it.

Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
Here in Washington, a vote for Reichert and Serrano is far more important than a vote for Trump. Trump won't win the electoral votes of Wa, but we might get a decent Governor and AG

Truth.

Originally Posted By Rope-A-Dope:
BTW, who the Hell writes the ballot descriptions for the initiatives?  The typical ignorant person would read them and vote NO on them all.  Total BS.

And while I'm whining, why are public lands commissioner and several others partisan races? - but sheriff is non-partisan.

Note how many times yes=no or no=yes initiative votes have been on the ballot over the last cycles. Deception is baked into the voting process in WA. Stay frosty.
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#9]
The initiatives:  Vote YES; Pay LESS!   Vote yes on all four.
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Guess how they got 1639 through.. Garbage lies about making it safe.. Nothing about stripping rights
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 12:21:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2T2_Crash] [#11]
Originally Posted By Ryo:

Guess how they got 1639 through.. Garbage lies about making it safe.. Nothing about stripping rights
View Quote

Democrats control the voting system so they can put whatever political bias they want on the description, unfortunately. this state is corrupt as fuck.
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 8:28:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#12]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

We've already got 1 E-sider on here who practically bragged that he's not bothering to vote because it don't matter none. Plenty zero GAFers on the E side of the Cascades. No sympathy when they're bitching about Terd Gurgleson's big progressive moves if he's on the throne, which is exactly how he'll operate & be viewed. "They'll cheatZMGWTFBBQ!" Yeah, they will. I still won't toss the towel. This whole nation was founded by guys who didn't toss the towel, & many lost everything & didn't even get to experience the benefit of what they fought for. But somehow in 2024, filling out a ballot & mailing it or dropping it off at a precinct is a bridge too far.

If the turnout is significant enough, it makes cheating too obvious to ignore. But when you sit home & refuse to actively vote against it, you're just making it easier for any illegitimate cheat votes to fly under the radar, & is effectively the same as supporting & condoning it.

Truth.

Note how many times yes=no or no=yes initiative votes have been on the ballot over the last cycles. Deception is baked into the voting process in WA. Stay frosty.
View Quote

I have family on the east side (Palouse) who have dropped those same lines - didn't bother to vote because "it won't matter any way" or "I was too busy working" etc. Nah you're just fucking lazy, at least own it. I know these relatives had enough time to down a half rack in the time they could've filled out a ballot. I don't want to hear them bitch and complain about the Seattle liberals if they couldn't even be bothered to do that much.

The only ones I am 99% certain vote every single time are the farmers. I remember sitting in the little town cafe as a kid with my grandma and hearing the old farmers bitch and moan about Olympia and "the west side" - at the time I never understood what they were so annoyed about. Now I fully do.
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

This isn't an answer in itself but...

The Sheriff is supposed to equally enforce the law regardless of political motivations (lol)

Meanwhile the public lands commissioner is wide open for donations and support from various interest groups who want to secure public land usage priority for their own causes. A lot of environmental groups want someone on their side who is going to lock up public lands to anyone except for low impact uses (hiking, mountain biking, etc.) while if you vote for a right leaning public lands commissioner, you're more likely to see state forests opened up for things like logging operations and other profitable use by private industry.

Personally I just want a public lands commissioner who won't continue the current trend of gating off access roads to public land, making it unusable for the majority of the population. That means voting for one that leans to the right. If you let the Sierra Club pick the commissioner, the whole damn state worth of public land will be inaccessible to anyone for anything more than riding their mountain bike and looking at cute little birds through a pair of $5000 Swarovski glass that only cost them a days' tech salary.
Link Posted: 10/23/2024 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Is Reichert sabotaging his own campaign?

Appearing on KIRO Newsradio, Republican gubernatorial candidate Dave Reichert says he stands by his comments from decades ago when he declared, “Donald Trump is a joke.”

Having both sides hate you is not a winning strategery.
Top Top