Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2024 7:40:57 PM EDT
We received today a large card stock mailer slamming Democrat State Senate candidate Rusty Talbot. The allegations made are that he claims residence and resident tax credits in California, and also claims residence in DC. Lots of images of legal documents showing his California address. The mailer claims that he's ineligible to run.

Did anyone else get one? Thoughts?

Link Posted: 10/3/2024 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the same, but I haven't dug into RSAs or where he is yet.

I know he owns that gym in Lisbon whose tax maps show a mailing address in NH.  At the gym of course.

Here is the mailer.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDC:
Got the same, but I haven't dug into RSAs or where he is yet.

I know he owns that gym in Lisbon whose tax maps show a mailing address in NH.  At the gym of course.

Here is the mailer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/IMG_3493_jpg-3339532.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/IMG_3494_jpg-3339533.JPG
View Quote

He lives in Sugar Hill and owns some raw land not far from me. My daughter used to go to his climbing gym. He's on the Sugar Hill FD and the Pemi Search and Rescue.

Link Posted: 10/3/2024 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

Pemi Search and Rescue.

View Quote

I knew I recognized the name.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#4]
All I can see is his trust bought that place in SH in 2016.  Address to that place.  Of course that doesn't define residency or start the 7 years required to be eligible.

If he's on the FD and on Pemi he may not be completely rotten to the core like most libtards, but he's still a shithead libtard and bad for the area.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
All I can see is his trust bought that place in SH in 2016.  Address to that place.  Of course that doesn't define residency or start the 7 years required to be eligible.

If he's on the FD and on Pemi he may not be completely rotten to the core like most libtards, but he's still a shithead libtard and bad for the area.
View Quote

Being on departments doesn't necessarily impress me. Yes, he's doing something for the community, but he may be doing it to primarily raise his profile and for networking. Ego is often a big factor as well. He's certainly using those connections to advance himself in politics.

He's anti school vouchers, pro-abortion, anti short-term rentals, pro multi-family development, climate alarmist, etc. The common theme when reading his policies is expanded State government control, reduced local government control, and intervention the market.

His signs are everywhere in my area, and his online policy page reads like common sense for anyone that doesn't know how to read between the lines. If he isn't disqualified due to residency he'll probably win against Rochefort.

Link Posted: 10/4/2024 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Not that I'm feeling comfortable about this election, but SD1 went R by 3K in 2022 and 4K in 2020(before redistricting).

Granted Gendrau did a bit to energize the libtards with some of her stances over the last couple of years and Talbot may seem like the popular cool guy.

I 'think' Rochefort has a chance.  Talks a good game, but shows his ignorance with the whole out of state trash thing-he obviously didn't pay attention to last year's bills.

Looking at 2022 for Grafton 1, he didn't have the best showing, but was still 2nd place out of six candidates.

I see plenty of Rochefort signs at houses.  Most of the Talbot signs here are at the crazy people's houses who have like 17 other democrat signs.  That and the dems obviously employ folks to spam intersections with Talbot signs.  Haven't seen too many here.

On the signs thing-I've got a few pro R signs in my garage I've been waiting to put up.  Was going to wait until I saw the first D sign on my street, but nobody has put anything but Trump signs up.  I'll put them up anyways towards the last half of the month.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Not that I'm feeling comfortable about this election, but SD1 went R by 3K in 2022 and 4K in 2020(before redistricting).

Granted Gendrau did a bit to energize the libtards with some of her stances over the last couple of years and Talbot may seem like the popular cool guy.

I 'think' Rochefort has a chance.  Talks a good game, but shows his ignorance with the whole out of state trash thing-he obviously didn't pay attention to last year's bills.

Looking at 2022 for Grafton 1, he didn't have the best showing, but was still 2nd place out of six candidates.

I see plenty of Rochefort signs at houses.  Most of the Talbot signs here are at the crazy people's houses who have like 17 other democrat signs.  That and the dems obviously employ folks to spam intersections with Talbot signs.  Haven't seen too many here.

On the signs thing-I've got a few pro R signs in my garage I've been waiting to put up.  Was going to wait until I saw the first D sign on my street, but nobody has put anything but Trump signs up.  I'll put them up anyways towards the last half of the month.
View Quote

My area is a strong liberal pocket - Sugar Hill, Easton, Landaff, Franconia. The Dems are impressive with their unity and their willingness to express themselves and support their candidates. They openly support everyone on the D team and it probably helps them win elections. I can't criticize them for it, even though it definitely makes me cringe when I see it, particularly their latest fad of adding little American flags to their Harris Walz signs. Or the Harris Walz Obviously signs. Or the Everyone Belongs signs.

The Dems are all in and they're not afraid to show it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2024 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Most people aren't rotten to the core.  Most people are complex.  They can can be great people, really care for the community, but still have views that I find abhorrent.  I'll ride with them, have dinner with them, and have generally pleasant associations.  I just would never vote for them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Martlet:

Most people aren't rotten to the core.  Most people are complex.  They can can be great people, really care for the community, but still have views that I find abhorrent.  I'll ride with them, have dinner with them, and have generally pleasant associations.  I just would never vote for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A better way of phrasing it for sure.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Most of my clients and nearly all of the people I ride with vote D. They all assume that I'm a left leaning libertarian.

Maybe I should become a spy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Most of my clients and nearly all of the people I ride with vote D. They all assume that I'm a left leaning libertarian.

View Quote

Or you should come ride with me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Whare are you located?

Link Posted: 10/4/2024 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Whare are you located?

View Quote

PM Sent
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]
OP, you would probably be pleased with the signs I saw in Lancaster yesterday.

Also took a ride to the Gorham Walmart today, Dalton, Whitefield, Jefferson, Randolph, and Gorham the good guy signs were more numerous.

There is a big cluster of Suzy Colt signs in Whitefield though.  She's an absolute moonbat crazy lady from Whitefield who got energized by the Littleton drama last year.  Tried to introduce some inclusive something or other to Whitefield a couple times and the BoS told her to eff off.

Driving back, I went through Bethlehem mainly to gawk at the fire scene from last night.  I think I saw only one Trump sign.  Whole town blue as heck.  Also noted the golf course that El Mirador is on is sprinkled with dem signs so that restaurant may be on my never eat at list.

Of course signs don't vote so all we can do is show up while dragging our friends and neighbors to the polls as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Also took a ride to the Gorham Walmart today, Dalton, Whitefield, Jefferson, Randolph, and Gorham the good guy signs were more numerous.

There is a big cluster of Suzy Colt signs in Whitefield though.  She's an absolute moonbat crazy lady from Whitefield who got energized by the Littleton drama last year.  Tried to introduce some inclusive something or other to Whitefield a couple times and the BoS told her to eff off.

Driving back, I went through Bethlehem mainly to gawk at the fire scene from last night.  I think I saw only one Trump sign.  Whole town blue as heck.  Also noted the golf course that El Mirador is on is sprinkled with dem signs so that restaurant may be on my never eat at list.

Of course signs don't vote so all we can do is show up while dragging our friends and neighbors to the polls as well.
View Quote

I hadn't heard about that fire.

Like I mentioned earlier, we live in the blue bubble. Dem signs everywhere. Glad to hear you're seeing different in your area.

Link Posted: 10/5/2024 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

My buddy owns that motel on route 2.  He took it over when his mother died a few years ago.  We come up there every July to spend the week riding.  We come up to Jericho once or twice a month, too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Unrelated note, but so many views along 2 today could be postcards.

Gorgeous views.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Unrelated note, but so many views along 2 today could be postcards.

Gorgeous views.
View Quote

We're riding tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2024 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, it's pretty out now.

I may gripe about peepers and all that, but it's a gorgeous time of the year.

Stay safe on the ride.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#20]

My buddy owns that motel on route 2.  He took it over when his mother died a few years ago.  We come up there every July to spend the week riding.  We come up to Jericho once or twice a month, too.
View Quote

I've passed by that motel several times in the last 30 days, brings a smile to my heart.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Threads like this make me happy I live in a Republican based town of Derry NH

Yeah we have our libtards and Dems but they are a minority.

Link Posted: 10/8/2024 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Denial isn't the same as rebuttal, so I'd be interested to see something backing up his explanations.

This is a red flag to me:

"According to Talbot, he and his wife co-founded the North Country Climbing Center in 2014 and he also serves as a Sugar Hill volunteer firefighter, Captain of the Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue Team, president of the board of the Bethlehem Colonial Theatre, executive committee member and member of the board of Granite United Way, immediate past president of the Littleton Rotary Club Charitable Fund, and past president of the Franconia Notch Chamber of Commerce."

People involved and highly placed in that many local organizations, in a place like the north country that doesn't welcome outsiders quickly, cause me to question their motives.

Link Posted: 10/8/2024 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Denial isn't the same as rebuttal, so I'd be interested to see something backing up his explanations.

This is a red flag to me:

"According to Talbot, he and his wife co-founded the North Country Climbing Center in 2014 and he also serves as a Sugar Hill volunteer firefighter, Captain of the Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue Team, president of the board of the Bethlehem Colonial Theatre, executive committee member and member of the board of Granite United Way, immediate past president of the Littleton Rotary Club Charitable Fund, and past president of the Franconia Notch Chamber of Commerce."

People involved and highly placed in that many local organizations, in a place like the north country that doesn't welcome outsiders quickly, cause me to question their motives.

View Quote

Yeah proof would be nice.

On one hand you've got a Californian/DC resident in Talbot who of course settles in Sugar Hill, and in Rochefort-whose mailer I got today you've got someone from Lancaster that owns a pharmacy in Littleton.

Should be a no brainer who everyone votes for-should.

On another note, the EC District 1 D candidate popped up on the Coos politics FB page and i clicked on the 'about' link.  Now that guy is a far left loon with every buzzword in the book on his page.  Probably hasn't been north of Concord for more than a ski trip either.  Kenney needs to smoke him.
Link Posted: 10/24/2024 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#25]
lol, the mock election results we all have been waiting for

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2024 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/25/2024 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#27]
lol, the mock election results we all have been waiting for

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3357460.JPG
View Quote

not surprising really
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top