Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2024 6:51:13 PM EDT
Anyone ever been to this rifle/pistol range?

I went recently and had some interesting takeaways

I realize range safety rules are to keep people alive, but the current employee out there might be inventing his own rules.  There are nice rifle racks built into the framing of the overhead cover that I wanted to stand my rifle in so my suppressor could cool as there wasn’t room on the bench for me to move it to and shoot another rifle.  Employee insisted that any gun coming off the line would have to be cased before removing from the bench, which would’ve melted my range bag.  Strange to build a dozen rifle racks and then prohibit their use

Also, a guy in plain clothes came out there but I suspect he was some sort of LEO.  Heard him discussing the new concealed/open carry law with disdain, about how “anyone!!!” could be carrying and they’d have no way to know!!!!  Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but unless they’re actively IDing people, they wouldn’t know who’s armed or not.  And if the person isn’t a criminal, what’s the big deal anyways if they’re on the level, so to speak?

I only stopped to shoot because I was passing through and wanted to test out my Garmin chrono but I got seriously fuddy vibes
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a well run range, great benches and facilities in general.

It is a Fudd range that supports static shooting only.

For bench work it is fantastic.

Yeah the rules don’t reflect the facility construction.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The list of rules has gotten only longer and more ridiculous.

And people thought the list of rules at the (now closed) Manchester range was out of line. The only difference now between the two is that Wateree allows you to have more than 10 rounds in a magazine (Manchester forbade it).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Also, a guy in plain clothes came out there but I suspect he was some sort of LEO.  Heard him discussing the new concealed/open carry law with disdain, about how “anyone!!!” could be carrying and they’d have no way to know!!!!  Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but unless they’re actively IDing people, they wouldn’t know who’s armed or not.  And if the person isn’t a criminal, what’s the big deal anyways if they’re on the level, so to speak?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#4]
stories like these make me appreciate the fact that I have access to a couple of 100+ acre properties to shoot at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top