Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2024 9:01:00 PM EDT
I don't really look for such things so I may have missed one or two in the past, but this was impossible not to notice as the scenario fit all of the tropes; and I had parked two spots down and was behind him going into the store.  Got out of a lifted Jeep with bright green lettering and stuff all over it, short dude wearing 5.11s or some other tactical pants, 9 Line shirt, mil type boots, arm tattoos, sunglasses, beard, drop Safariland (I think, not a drop leg strapped to his thigh though) and I think a Glock (again, I didn't look that closely) with spare mags opposite; surprisingly no sling bag.  Yep, Wally World.  Didn't bother me one bit, just the first I've seen and yeah, he stood out like a sore thumb and I kind chuckled.  At least he had a decent holster and gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Screen name?

Sounds like 95% of Arf.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Going to the Wally World? I think all the Walmarts around here are posted no open carry.

I think I have seen only one, similar dressed guy at the Harris Teeter.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeing some saying that the Wallywords were posted no open carry too but I guess not; can't say as I look for the signs to be honest.  I was visiting a relative and had stopped in to see if they had any gaming monitors since mine was dying when I woke up; they had some MSIs listed on their website as being on sale (got a 32" curved screen, still not sure I like it).  

Like I said, I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't looked at the Jeep with the lime green lettering and stickers on it and if I hadn't been walking in behind him and if he hadn't met most of the stereotypes- he was fit and it was a decent gun and holster so that was atypical, especially the fit part being this is SC and Walmart. I'm not autistic or OCD, just one of those people who notices most everything around me, just habit I guess, an I was curious if he would attract any attention with the craziness in the news, but nobody appeared to notice.  I still think I'll stick to concealed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Walmarts in SC don't have the circle and slash signs. What they have is a line of lettering on the entry doors. Sometimes it's difficult to see it.

"Respectfully,  please refrain from open carrying firearms" or something to that effect.

I have seen people open carrying in upstate Walmarts and it must be up to the store manager to ask them to leave.

I just make it a point to get most of my stuff at other stores, but conceal carry in Walmart when I need to go there.  Sometimes, just barely concealed if I've got my Echelon. No problems so far, but hell, I'll just leave if they ask me to and come back later with my IWB pistol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen a few around and most look normal.  A few at local WM(Simpsonville) with less than impressive holster setups.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Most of the open carry guys at the Travelers Rest Walmart had leather pancakes with nice 1911's. More like barbecue pistols. I don't have anything that nice.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have seen more than a few here in the upstate.. mostly at lowes or home depot, and mostly by older gentlemen...I use that description cautiously as I am pushing 60 I do not open carry but I sure do print well... only another "gun" guy would notice though...
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I probably print more now than I used to since I don't worry about squatting to get something off a low shelf or making sure I use my left hand to reach up.  With the change in the laws I just bend at the waist or use whichever hand is closest to what I want.  I keep meaning to switch back to a LW Commander but the Shield and Dagger Micro as so easy to carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top