Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2024 12:57:19 PM EDT
I currently have a single Ring camera set up but I'm becoming more and more leery of Amazon's practices.  I would like to have a hard wired set up that I can have complete control over.  I would like to have four or five cameras set up around my house for a complete view of the exterior and avenues of approach that will feed directly into a system I directly control.  

Does anyone have any recommendations for an installer or vendor for me to contact?
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 6:23:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djfromtx] [#2]
Do NOT go with Symspire in the Nashville area if that's where you're at.  Just don't.

Are you technical at all?  If looking for equipment and can do it yourself check out Andy on ipcamtalk.com (website/company is EmpireTech).  I've recently set up a closed-network system with cameras I've bought from him and a computer running BlueIris to record video.  Happy to share more details if you want to PM me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Vivint, a Harbor Freight camera system, trail cams, 100% retired neighbors and dogs. The retired neighbors are probably the best system I have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top