Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2024 10:48:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster]
Previous case of unpaid child support, misdemeanor larceny, illegal HG possession (Failed to return his issued sidearm after resigning as a reserve deputy),...anything else?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:21:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#1]
He shouldn’t be running, all he is going to do is split the votes between him and Dave Reichert and then the dems will win again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cops66:
He shouldn’t be running, all he is going to do is split the votes between him and Dave Reichert and then the dems will win again.
View Quote

This!!!!

Dave is a Milk-toast guy, but way better than Side Show Bob.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Previous case of unpaid child support, misdemeanor larceny, illegal HG possession (Failed to return his issued sidearm after resigning as a reserve deputy),...anything else?
View Quote

all shit that would be overlooked with ease by voter base if he was a Democrat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:

View Quote

Without a doubt, but he's not, so it won't.  

It's time for WA Repubs to embrace reality and get their minds right about this election.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
It's time for WA Repubs to embrace reality and get their minds right about this election.
View Quote

So… vote for Reichert, a globalist, establishment whore with severe TDS, because this state is like 90% Marxists and idiots who are all voting for Ferguson, a globalist, establishment whore with severe TDS, but not Bird, who seems to align with the founding principles of this country because he can’t win in a state that’s like 90% Marxist. Got it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By thisismyusername:

So… vote for Reichert, a globalist, establishment whore with severe TDS, because this state is like 90% Marxists and idiots who are all voting for Ferguson, a globalist, establishment whore with severe TDS, but not Bird, who seems to align with the founding principles of this country because he can’t win in a state that’s like 90% Marxist. Got it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'd love to see Bird as governor.  But I just don't see a path to victory.  Ferguson is a petty vindictive man, prone to abuse his office.  after 40 years of dems having the governor's mansion, we need a change. Reichert seems to be the most likley R candidate in recent memory to have a chance, especially with crime and costs in this state.  I think Ferguson is so evil, that this is the time to vote for the less conservative republican that can win.  Defeating Ferguson is the only thing that matters.  Hell, I'd vote for Mullet over him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:54:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MMcCall] [#7]

View Quote

/yawn

For a start, stop using Trump as your barometer.  He's political cancer even *outside* of Washington, regardless of how many true believers show up to the rallies. No sane  "conservative" politician in WA is aligning themselves with him.

If you believe not voting for Trump is a vote for Biden, you have to understand the same is true for Reichert and Ferguson.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:45:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#8]

View All Quotes

Which says something about democrats. OTOH, do you want to chance to cast your vote on the odds that it could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory & enable the opposition tyrant to win? It's gonna get spicey if that's the result, the only silver lining being that that might kick people to get up off their asses. Might.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]

/yawn

For a start, stop using Trump as your barometer.  He's political cancer even *outside* of Washington, regardless of how many true believers show up to the rallies. No sane  "conservative" politician in WA is aligning themselves with him.

If you believe not voting for Trump is a vote for Biden, you have to understand the same is true for Reichert and Ferguson.
View Quote

Holding power above principle is how you get Marxism.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#10]

/yawn

View Quote

All they have to do is ask themselves if they were better off 4 years ago.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

The Bird or nothing people will bring in the Fergreich.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/politics/state-politics/dave-reichert-pulls-name-gop-gubernatorial-endorsement/281-3970349f-21db-40a4-8ea5-0e0cbb8b6891

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Trump has a chance of winning.

Reichert has a chance of winning.

Bird does not have a chance of winning.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Holding power above principle is how you get Marxism.
View Quote

Holding unwavering principle over power is how you get *nothing*.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Holding unwavering principle over power is how you get *nothing*.
View Quote

exactly. Reichert is the only one with a chance.  Bob is about as evil of a person as there is.  he must be stopped.  

and even if Bird was elected, which he will not be because of his association with trump and lack of fundraising ability, he can't do what he's promising.  He won't have a republican legislature or a state supreme court that agrees with him.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bdy83:  He won't have a republican legislature or a state supreme court that agrees with him.
View Quote

Nor will Reichert.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#16]
 I really hate having to vote for the lesser of two evils.  In this case, though, we shouldn't have to hold our nose and vote for Reichert.  Ferguson is the arch enemy of every conservative in this state.  Reichert actually has a decent shot of winning.  It seems crazy to throw away the best shot we've had in a very long time because Reichert isn't conservative enough or not aligned enough with Trump.  

A Republican governor should be able to veto any legislation with the current makeup of the legislature.  That's a pretty big prize, just barely bigger than seeing Ferguson handed a big loss.  If Semi Bird can't possibly win, then what's the point?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I would vote for a pile of dogshit with peanuts in it, if it meant keeping Fergy out of that building. Let's not throw out the good in search of the perfect.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cornhskr] [#18]
Originally Posted By Frank762:
Trump has a chance of winning.

Reichert has a chance of winning.

Bird does not have a chance of winning.

View Quote

Correct.

ETA:  Turd Ferguson is true evil.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I would prefer Byrd over Milk-Toast Reichert, but there is no way that Byrd will win in a statewide election.

Reichert had a slim chance to win statewide, but now with the GOP endorsing Byrd, it is now guaranteed the Side-Show Bob will win the governor race.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kubota3430:

I would prefer Byrd over Milk-Toast Reichert, but there is no way that Byrd will win in a statewide election.

Reichert had a slim chance to win statewide, but now with the GOP endorsing Byrd, it is now guaranteed the Side-Show Bob will win the governor race.
View Quote

God help us
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#21]

God help us
View Quote

I can already see....
AWB, turn them in type
mag ban turn them in type
1 gun a month
no online gun parts
no online ammo

new taxes on all kinds of things
more "green" crap
more LGBTQ+ stuff that goes way beyond equal rights, it will be special rights.
Trans boys/men in every girls/womens locker room

Fuck my B/P is so high I will likely have a stroke in the next hour
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I think any attempt to confiscate in this state will result in dead bodies.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
I would vote for a pile of dogshit with peanuts in it, if it meant keeping Fergy out of that building. Let's not throw out the good in search of the perfect.
View Quote

This right fucking here.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

What are the statistical odds of him winning the contest? You only get to vote once. Make it count.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#25]
For me, I’ll be voting for Reichert since he is the only Republican that actually has a chance in defeating Ferguson.  The way “I” see it, a vote for Bird is in reality a vote for that cunt Ferguson.

Ferguson is such a bag of shit and would love nothing more than to have Bird as his opponent. Sadly, it’s a lesser of two evils and ANY Republican candidate has to do well… Not win, but do well in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties to even have a chance at winning.

Vote your conscience, but for me, it’s Reichert since he is WITHOUT question, the lesser of two evils.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

For many years now as a diehard Yankee fan I've said if the Red Sox were playing the Taliban, I'd root for the Taliban.  That's pretty much how I feel about anyone on the left, but a pile of dogshit with peanuts sums it up too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Poppaduc] [#27]
I’m not sure if this was 4D chess deliberate, but having the GOP endorsement in this state is probably the kiss of death.

Now Reichert can reach out to moderates and say that he was too far Left for the GOP.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Politics is the art of the possible.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

For too many, it's Bird or nothing.  They can't see what the Fregriech will bring.   And voting for Reichert isn't principled enough
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Kubota3430:

View Quote

Sadly, probably this
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bergunx:
For me, I’ll be voting for Reichert since he is the only Republican that actually has a chance in defeating Ferguson.  The way “I” see it, a vote for Bird is in reality a vote for that cunt Ferguson.

Ferguson is such a bag of shit and would love nothing more than to have Bird as his opponent. Sadly, it’s a lesser of two evils and ANY Republican candidate has to do well… Not win, but do well in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties to even have a chance at winning.

Vote your conscience, but for me, it’s Reichert since he is WITHOUT question, the lesser of two evils.

View Quote

Can't be emphasized enough.

Reichert is electable in the counties where he needs to be (king, peirce, snoho) where he can get moderates.  Has the fund raising ability, has name recognition.  Bird is gonna be painted as Trump lite
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:00:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#32]
So which one of these two "republicans" is the Democrat plant to get Fergie elected?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MMcCall] [#33]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
So which one of these two "republicans" is a Democrat plant to get Fergie elected?
View Quote

I don't know who is able to pass you personal purity test, but Reichert, warts and all, has a background in law and order, and has high-level governmental experience.

The former item alone should be enough to get him elected right now, all he has to do is play an endless loop of the crime, lawlessness, murder, homelessness, and drug problems of the last eight years and keep calling it 'Ferguson's Washington'. "This was your top cop, and look where we are. I caught Green River Killer, bitches."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
So which one of these two "republicans" is the Democrat plant to get Fergie elected?
View Quote

i wouldn't say a plant, but Turd would much rather go up against Bird.  He's more easy to paint in a negative light (associate him with MAGA, anti abortion, Far right) and he doesn't have the fund raising apparatus Reichert has.  Reichert is the electable candidate in that he has the law and order background, some distance from Trump, name recognition, $ raising ability, and yes can appeal to moderates along the I5 corridor.  His record isn't nearly a conservative as some people want, but it's really baby steps at this point.  You're not going to get a Ron DeSantis in WA after 40 years of a dem in the governors mansion.  Probably the best we'd get is Reichert as governor as a check on the legislature.  And that assumes they don't get a veto proof majority.  Reichert w/ veto and line item veto would be powerful.  Not to mention appointment power for 2 WA Supreme court justices in 2026 & 2027, facing mandator retirement.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#35]
I’ve never even heard of Bird, but I’ve interacted with Reichert a hand full of times over a few decades. I was an old friend of a family member. He’s a moderate Republican, but he’s always been a nice guy to chat with. He’d be a hell of a lot better than Ferguson.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Bird signs all over E and central WA

As much as I like Bird on paper, he will lose to Ferguson. The people on the dry side don't seem to care.

Give me back my Dino Rossi
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I donated to and requested a Reichert yard sign. But then I am a moderate Republican. :)
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mancat:

As much as I like Bird on paper, he will lose to Ferguson. The people on the dry side don't seem to care.

View Quote

yep, Culp 2.0
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

So they can steal a third one from him?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:36:20 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Antipragmaic idealism. They don’t get it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Blows my mind people can't see that it's Reichert or Ferguson and a vote for Bird is a vote for Ferguson
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:31:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2T2_Crash] [#42]
Originally Posted By bdy83:

Blows my mind people can't see that it's Reichert or Ferguson and a vote for Bird is a vote for Ferguson
View Quote

this state is not going to allow anyone but Turd Ferguson to be elected.
that said: if the Republicans here weren't so fucking lazy and actually voted we'd make it obvious they were cheating.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:01:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#43]

View All Quotes

The thing that gets me about it is that his history is demonstrating a serios case of sketchy behavior & decision-making. Assault & larceny aren't exactly token acts, & predictably, he's polling in the single digits. But yet they think "there's still a chance."
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:01:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#44]
If anyone here actually knows Bird, maybe he should be persuaded to drop out or we are screwed come November. Seriously, with a split vote, side show Bob is guaranteed 100% to win.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#45]
If anyone here actually knows Bird, maybe he should be persuaded to drop out or we are screwed come November. Seriously, with a split vote, side show Bob is guaranteed 100% to win.
View Quote

Top 2 primary. It's gonna be Fergreich v Bird or Fergreich v Reichert.

Hopefully birds supporters get on board if he's not the top 2
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Top 2 primary. It's gonna be Fergreich v Bird or Fergreich v Reichert.

Hopefully birds supporters get on board if he's not the top 2
View Quote

They're probably the same types from my dry side family who openly state they don't vote because "there's no point the republican won't win"

I get the sentiment but... it's literally 5 minutes out of your day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Didn't realize Bird was Special Forces. An actual decorated combat veteran. I actually respect him more now.

I don't see him as a realistic path forward though. I really wish he was, but he isn't.

We can't (won't) just jump into being a red state, we need to wade out of the blue, through the purple, into red.

Something like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top