Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2024 4:27:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WorkDroid]
https://www.fox13seattle.com/news/illegal-shooting-range-washington-exposed

Armed to the teeth
Granite Falls Police Chief Tom Dalton expressed concerns over the heavy-duty gear and ammunition used by these recreational shooters.

"They outgun me every day of the week," said Dalton.

Photos he collected from a span of hours on a single Saturday show 50-caliber rifles, bear guns, magazines. Deadly weapons carelessly scattered across camp tables. Dalton says some of these items are sniper-material.

"They actually have plates like we would use in an active shooter situation," said Dalton. "That tells me that they're up there practicing for some ungodly reason."
View Quote

Oh teh noes. Sniper gunz, plates and magazines oh my!
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:13:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2T2_Crash] [#1]
police chief is a fuckin bitch and whoever wrote that for FOX is too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
police chief is a fuckin bitch and whoever wrote that for FOX is too.
View Quote
Heard the video after making OP. He sounds like a little whiny statist pandering to the media and whatever poloticians that're listening
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]
In most cases shooters are not the ones dumping trash. It's tweakers and Mexicans who don't want to pay dump fees. Then the shooters do what they shouldn't do to begin with - shoot it. I mean I can't really blame them, the trash is already there.

The trash is just an excuse to crack down. If it was a tent camp with piles of trash strewn everywhere, or a broken down RV, they'd be just fine with it.

And shooting close to roads etc. Well no fucking shit when the state keeps gating off public lands where shooting would normally be legal, and making it impossible for people to access it.

The number of formerly accessible forest roads that have been gated off and blocked with root balls/barriers/etc in the past 20 years is insane. I can't count the number of places that I used to be able to go to, which are now closed off unless you're willing to hike or bike miles in - and if you want to ride a dirt bike or ATV in instead, forget it because they've all been posted "no motorized vehicles" as well.

I've tossed around the idea of putting a gas or E bike kit on an old mountain bike frame just to get around that bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody tell the efiminate chief that the 2A is exactly about having the type & class of .mil arms necessary to help protect the nation from enemies foreign & domestic. Mostly domestic. Idiot doesn't know anything about the oath. Just taking pay to do what the politicians say. Tell him so he'll stroke out & GF local government can find someone who is actually qualified for the position.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 12:26:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scollins] [#5]
Originally Posted By mancat:
I've tossed around the idea of putting a gas or E bike kit on an old mountain bike frame just to get around that bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

E-Bikes are considered "motorized" too, and restricted to "green dot" roads, or excluded from areas that say "no motorized vehicles."

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/ebikes

DNR is committed to providing equitable trail access to all trail users. Class 1, 2, and 3 e-bikes are currently only allowed on motorized trails and forest roads open to motorized public use.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:05:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#6]
I'm telling you, once they are done banning "military style assault weapons " (ie semiautomatics) they are coming for your "high powered military style sniper rifle" (ie bolt action)
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
I'm telling you, once they are done banning "military style assault weapons " (ie semiautomatics) they are coming for your "high powered military style sniper rifle" (ie bolt action)
View Quote

Fudds will figure it out after there's no one left to say anything.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:35:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 21usernamechecksout] [#8]
All ya need is pappy's Thurdy-Thurdy
And a 28" shotgun fer huntin'
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Somebody tell the efiminate chief that the 2A is exactly about having the type & class of .mil arms necessary to help protect the nation from enemies foreign & domestic. Mostly domestic. Idiot doesn't know anything about the oath. Just taking pay to do what the politicians say. Tell him so he'll stroke out & GF local government can find someone who is actually qualified for the position.

View Quote

He is just a Sgt from the Snohomish Sheriff’s office.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#10]
In most cases shooters are not the ones dumping trash. It's tweakers and Mexicans who don't want to pay dump fees. Then the shooters do what they shouldn't do to begin with - shoot it. I mean I can't really blame them, the trash is already there.

The trash is just an excuse to crack down. If it was a tent camp with piles of trash strewn everywhere, or a broken down RV, they'd be just fine with it.

And shooting close to roads etc. Well no fucking shit when the state keeps gating off public lands where shooting would normally be legal, and making it impossible for people to access it.

The number of formerly accessible forest roads that have been gated off and blocked with root balls/barriers/etc in the past 20 years is insane. I can't count the number of places that I used to be able to go to, which are now closed off unless you're willing to hike or bike miles in - and if you want to ride a dirt bike or ATV in instead, forget it because they've all been posted "no motorized vehicles" as well.

View Quote

It took the ‘tards at Snohomish County/Sheriff’s office ONE MONTH to remove an abandoned Tweaker RV partially blocking our gravel road access just off the end of the pavement section. Funny part, the county owns that section of the gravel road too. 😵‍💫.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

It took the ‘tards at Snohomish County/Sheriff’s office ONE MONTH to remove an abandoned Tweaker RV partially blocking our gravel road access just off the end of the pavement section. Funny part, the county owns that section of the gravel road too. 😵‍💫.
View Quote

One month?  That's nothing.  There was an upside down trashed sedan on the side of the road that was there for over a year that we passed every time we went to the commissary.  It may have been closer to a year and a half before it was finally removed and it wasn't back in the woods.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Scollins:

E-Bikes are considered "motorized" too, and restricted to "green dot" roads, or excluded from areas that say "no motorized vehicles."

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/ebikes

View Quote

Well what if I'm disabled (I'm not but let's pretend) and the only way I can enjoy biking on forest service roads is with assistance from an E bike?

Sounds like government endorsed ableism
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

How much would you wager that he's singing the organization line?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Granite Falls’ or County’s line?   Either way the way he responded to those questions was embarrassing!🤦‍♂️ Sounded like a fraidy-cat.😐
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#15]
"Gun Relinquishment Task Force" is the goal:

Mass Gun Confiscation Introduced
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top