Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2024 6:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BabyGlock_27]
Just moved to the upstate area < a month ago.  Love hiking and I know the state went constitutional carry just this year.

SCDNR website isn't very clear on the rules.  Can someone give me a rundown of what's legal these days in state parks?  Just bought a passport for a this year and don't want any issues.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Concealed means concealed. Expect no one is coming to help.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 11:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: radioshooter] [#2]
SC Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism and SC DNR are two different agencies. It seems that on parks owned by the state, you can carry open or concealed anywhere EXCEPT inside the park buildings. SCDNR had a clause that allowed carry in Game Management areas "by any legal means". In the listed GMA zones, you will be limited to firearms inside of the 12 inch rule for CCW law until hunting seasons open.

Funny that my Ruger Super Single Six 6 1/2 barrel in 22 WMR is not legal during the summer, but a Glock 20 in 10mm is. Not complaining because legally being able to carry handguns in the backcountry is sweet and good.

You can always do the "James Bond" carry as UrbanComX says. It worked for me backpacking long before the shall issue laws came about.

Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I see.  Thanks for the info!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top