Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2024 3:46:32 PM EDT
I just received the summer propane pre-buy price from my propane distributor.

$1.64 per gl
Anybody else get the summer pre-buy price?
What is it?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're getting that price for this coming heating season, that's pretty good. I haven't received my price quote for this coming season, but last year, my pre pay cost was $2.149 per unit.
Gary
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just did the yearly pre pay.
$1.799.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to do a propane prebuy until about 12 years ago when the price went up high enough that my supplier in Waupun reneged and refused to honor their commitments.  I still have the mealymouthed letter they sent.  A prebuy is just a futures contract with no means of enforcement on the supplier, but no way out for the consumer if the price goes down.  Ultimately they are gambling with your money so that they make a profit off of you if the price drops, but you also lose if the price goes up beyond their willingness to take a loss and then you end up paying the much higher spot price.  I will never do another prebuy unless the company actually buys enough futures contacts off of an established commodities exchange to fully cover their commitments.  However, as far as I know none of these companies do this.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm locked in at 1.79 until August.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top