Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2024 2:48:33 PM EDT
I should have done this months ago, but since I have been in a free state now for 6 months, I need to get some suppressors. Coming from the People's Republic of Illannoy, I never paid much attention to suppressors, so I have a lot to learn.

I plan to start with .22 LR, 5.56 & 9mm cans. I would like to stay with an established manufacturer that stands behind their products. The Griffin ship to your home program looks good, but I wouldn't mind fondling some in person. Who else should I look at Gemtech, Surefire.

Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 7:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By romad99:
I don’t advertise in here, but I’m south of Clarksville and pretty much only sell suppressors.  I have a small outdoor range and a handful of demo suppressors for the reason you stated.

If nothing else, I can help give you some advice.
View Quote

Thanks, I'll certainly keep you in mind, I'm about 1.5 hours from you. I need to do so reading so I don't buy a turd. For instance, I like the Surefire SOCOM Mini, but there must have been some trade-offs in sound reduction and/or longevity to get it that short.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 7:35:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBeaverRetriever] [#3]
You'll soon learn that in TN, an hour and a half goes by fast on the road. I travel from Atoka, it's 4 hours and he's my dealer for what it's worth.

Here are the demo suppressors romad has on hand. He may have more, and if the schedules allow I may be able bring out a couple of cans & rifles for you to try while you're there.

If you're headed to the TN HTF meet and greet that would be a great opportunity to hear a few more, and I'm sure guys wouldn't mind letting you pop off a few rounds if you're showing interest.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Viribus solutions is just off I-840 south of Nashville. He’s a good dude - younger guy, sheriffs deputy, loves guns. He doesn’t really have a retail storefront but can do laser engraving, etc.

Tennessee Arms and Outdoor Supply in Chapel Hill posts here sometimes. Great guy - retired LEO, does cheap transfers.

I’m sure there are others but those are my two main ones for what little I do.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't advertise in here, but I'm south of Clarksville and pretty much only sell suppressors.  I have a small outdoor range and a handful of demo suppressors for the reason you stated.

View Quote
Noted.   If I have my way I'll be in touch soon.   Looking for a 5.56 suppressor shortly i hope.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t advertise in here, but I’m south of Clarksville and pretty much only sell suppressors.  I have a small outdoor range and a handful of demo suppressors for the reason you stated.

View Quote

I'll be happy to use you as long as you sell the brands I'm looking for. I need to keep looking and decide what I want. Then I'll give you a call for further information.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top