Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2022 4:24:25 PM EDT
Just received an e-mail today from the owner that the land the range is on has sold and operations have ceased indefinitely unless something can be worked out with new ownership. Does anyone here have any intel on whether the range may reopen?

Tradecraft was game changer in this hobby for me. It drew world class instructors, provided the first long distance range in South Florida, and revolutionized the way I could train.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
View this email in your browser

Logo
Tradecraft’s Future
Greetings Tradecraft members, friends and supporters. I wanted to take the opportunity to reach out to you all to give you the best understanding of what is happening at Tradecraft Range.

As many of you know, the property the range resides on was sold. As such there is massive restructure and reorganization of the facility along with the businesses that occupy the property, Tradecraft range included.

I’m sorry to say, for the unforseeable Tradecraft Range will be closed as we sort through this process.

I assure you that I am doing all that I can to get us back open for shooters as soon as possible. We are also working to stop billing from occurring during this period so please be patient as we are handling each account individually.

We will hopefully be delivering some opportunities to shoot on the ranges in the near future.  

I would like to provide you with an alternate email to reach me at should you need to.

I’m sorry for this unfortunate situation and hope that we can open again soon. Until then, please be safe and I look forward to seeing you soon

Anthony DiSarro

[email protected]

this is a cut and paste from an email that i received.   There is a PRS match there this Saturday, if that goes off as planned that would be a good sign i would think.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Received the same email, hoping for good news since there's no other good long range in the area.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What a total bummer... Signed up a few weeks ago and have been going every saturday since and cannot express how incredible this facility was... Hope they can course correct ASAP...
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a GORUCK Tactical class there last year.  Great facility and lodging.  I was looking forward to training there some more.  Someone explained the history of the place to me and basically said the facility is so large that everyone who has bought it struggles to make it profitable.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the owners paid like 4.5 million for the property.  pretty big nut to cover that mortgage with training classes etc.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s going to reopen again as a gun range . We just have to be patient during the transition of ownership.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Tradecraft was such a game changer and influenced so many of my purchasing decisions. I hope it comes back in some format that allows similar training and access to the long range. Otherwise I bought 5+  premium long range setups, glass, match ammo and support gear for nothing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tradecraft was such a game changer and influenced so many of my purchasing decisions. I hope it comes back in some format that allows similar training and access to the long range. Otherwise I bought 5+  premium long range setups, glass, match ammo and support gear for nothing.
View Quote

same here just bought 5 complete setups
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s going to reopen again as a gun range . We just have to be patient during the transition of ownership.
View Quote

Does anyone know who the new owners are and their intent?  Hopefully it was bought for a range and not just another cow patch.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure how far away you are but Manatee Gun Club is now a six hundred yard range and supposedly Gene Pitts is back in charge.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#11]
How does Manatee compare? I checked them out online and saw that in order to shoot at 600 yards you need to fire a sub 2 MOA group with the specific optic and rifle combination under supervision. This is the type of stuff that kills things for me. I like bringing my carbines and iron sighted battle rifles to blast at steel.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Does anyone know who the new owners are and their intent?  Hopefully it was bought for a range and not just another cow patch.
View Quote

That's a fantastic question that I would also love to know the answer to.

If it's going to transition into a gun range from a gun club how is that possibly going to generate anywhere close to the revenue that the monthly membership system did? It seems even if they can operate they'd be doing so under the model at a massive loss. I gladly paid $110 a month or whatever it was for my precision membership tier and would have happily paid double that because I know what stuff costs.

Why was there a problem with a gun club, yet a gun range is acceptable?

None of it really adds up without more info. Hopefully it works out but in the meantime I need to shoot and am considering joining JTAC and Deep50. I'd hate to pay a couple annual memberships I'll never use if Tradecraft 2.0 opens up, but I also don't want to wait and not shoot forever for something that likely will never happen. I'll probably give it a couple weeks and then join some other ranges.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#13]
also to add to the confusion is the fact that the PRS match for tomorrow looks like it is still being held at Tradecraft.    I do take this as a good sign.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
also to add to the confusion is the fact that the PRS match for tomorrow looks like it is still being held at Tradecraft.    I do take this as a good sign.
View Quote

Nice! Definitely a good sign.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend of mine talked to Rob White the owner who just sold it . He said the new owner plans to keep it as a gun club/ gun range . He did not say who he sold it to .
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How does Manatee compare? I checked them out online and saw that in order to shoot at 600 yards you need to fire a sub 2 MOA group with the specific optic and rifle combination under supervision. This is the type of stuff that kills things for me. I like bringing my carbines and iron sighted battle rifles to blast at steel.
View Quote

I've never been to Tradecraft so not sure how it compares to MGC
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

manatee is not the place for you then.  They prefer well aimed shots not blasting.  sounds like you would fit in at JTAC
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#18]
anybody have any updates?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I've heard with equal zeal and claims of accuracy that 1) the land was purchased with its intended use as a race track site; 2) same but for housing; 3) it will remain a range but in different form.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've heard with equal zeal and claims of accuracy that 1) the land was purchased with its intended use as a race track site; 2) same but for housing; 3) it will remain a range but in different form.
View Quote

Would lead or other hazardous materials have to be abated before the land is used for residential purposes?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#21]
.I’m going to a meeting Saturday with the new owner and manager. I’ll report back on what shakes out .
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you.  Would be a big help
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
.I’m going to a meeting Saturday with the new owner and manager. I’ll report back on what shakes out .
View Quote

Hell yeah, good luck and hopefully we get good news. I’m joining Deep50 Saturday since I’m range homeless lol. Hopefully I can have two homes soon.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Opening back up this coming week.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice! Can you give us some details as to how it will operate now?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the good news!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I just joined at Deep50 today. There was another Tradecraft transplant joining while I was there. The scuttlebutt on Tradecraft (now called The Ranch) is that there will be significant changes. Deep50 maintains the no RO model and private pocket ranges so it likely will have a spot in my training regiment even when The Ranch reopens. Options are good.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#28]
When someone has a point of contact for new management please PM me. I’ve got a line to Haley Strategic and they want to plan a few more courses on the facility at the end of the year.

This industry is so backwards where you have to beg to give people money….
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Good News Everyone!!!

The Ranch Gun Club and Training Center is taking over the former Tradecraft Range operation and making some improvements.

Standard membership options will remain virtually unchanged. We will extend our options including Premium Unlimited memberships as well as adding to our punch card offerings. Additionally we will be hosting courses by In-house instructors, continuing to bring in the best instructors in the industry, competitions and special events.

We are just about done with our new website where membership information, reservations, courses and more can be found. We will have an email blast going out soon and we'll post my relevant news and updates here as they become available.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging through this process. Myself and the rest of us at The Ranch are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Anthony DiSarro

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good News Everyone!!!

The Ranch Gun Club and Training Center is taking over the former Tradecraft Range operation and making some improvements.

Standard membership options will remain virtually unchanged. We will extend our options including Premium Unlimited memberships as well as adding to our punch card offerings. Additionally we will be hosting courses by In-house instructors, continuing to bring in the best instructors in the industry, competitions and special events.

We are just about done with our new website where membership information, reservations, courses and more can be found. We will have an email blast going out soon and we'll post my relevant news and updates here as they become available.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging through this process. Myself and the rest of us at The Ranch are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Anthony DiSarro

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Welcome Anthony. Please keep us informed here at AR15.com of your progress.

Personally, I would be interested in a limited use "value" membership. Due to the remote location and busy lifestyles of many of us, a lower cost membership for once or twice a month access would be an attractive offering.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Good News Everyone!!!

Anthony DiSarro

thanks for the update

View Quote

thanks for the update
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Our 6 and 12 visit punch cards may be the option you are looking for.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Welcome Anthony. Please keep us informed here at AR15.com of your progress.

Personally, I would be interested in a limited use "value" membership. Due to the remote location and busy lifestyles of many of us, a lower cost membership for once or twice a month access would be an attractive offering.
View Quote

I second this motion.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

How much is a 6 punch membership?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would be awesome!! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't believe I can post prices here and not be in violation of some type of user agreement... The website is going live in the next day or so and we'll have all kinds of options on there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I have a punch card from tradecraft. Is that going to be honored?
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not sure how far away you are but Manatee Gun Club is now a six hundred yard range and supposedly Gene Pitts is back in charge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Why the huge discrepancy between membership pricing and the so called “punch card pricing”?  For example, long range membership shows 3k for a year, a simple 6 punch card long range membership shows like $360.  That’s like less than 1/3 for someone going out there once monthly.  Even going biweekly it’s 1/2 the cost.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#41]
web site now hot

The Ranch
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Unlimited long range is $3000 annually (presumably paid at once) and monthly long range access is $125/mo. I'm trying to understand that. Does that mean with a monthly membership you can only use the facility once a month?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#43]
It appears as though if you get a 6 punch card membership each guest takes one punch. So if you bring a guest with you each time, you only get three visits. Is this the case? Does the guest also have to pay a fee? At JTAC they just charge the non-member/guest a fee. They do not reduce the number of visits a member can make based on how many guests they have.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I love the punch card plan, but limiting it to a specific range is extremely limiting. I'd pay the $150 for 6 visits, but not limiting to pistol or rifle. I know overhead is incredibly high, but this is why many private ranges fail. They out price the average 2A consumer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"Unlimited long range is $3000 annually"

Sorry, but...  
View Quote

Yeh, thar's my beer money.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Guests are permitted to use the card but can just pay a guest fee no problem at all.

The Unlimited Packages will be attractive for a select group who find value in all the perks that are part of it. It's already become a popular option.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#48]
The regular recurring monthly memberships are for once per week visits as a general guideline.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#49]
The 6 visit punch card is valid for 3 months and the Unlimited is an annual package with no limits on how many visits weekly, monthly or yearly. For members who want to more frequently, want access to our tower, want to shoot at hours when others can't etc...it's an option.

We have seen a number of people buy the 6 visit card for lots of reasons: to test the waters, seasonal shooters, gifts, don't want to be in monthly billing cycle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Having a punch card that will expire after 3 months is ridiculous.  Having an “unlimited” membership that restricts you to once weekly is also extremely pricey considering what a membership cost is.  I remember I was considering joining this range when it was Altair, then it turned to gator land or something, then another name, then tradecraft, now the ranch or whatever it is.  There are 3 reasons I never joined, 1.  It is a long PITA drive from basically anywhere (I live in Naples),  2.  Cost considering how often I would get out there and 3. Range keeps changing ownership.

If the 6 visit punch card did not have an expiration date I’d consider it.  If I had any confidence ownership wouldn’t change again and I was able to buy multiple 6 visit punch cards (long range, pistol, carbine, etc.) I’d consider it.  The reality is I’d be lucky to get out there twice a month, once a month is more realistic.  I wouldn’t feel good about using a long range punch card visit for a pistol bay day either.  I can only speak for myself, but if I purchased a 6 visit punch card and it expired after 3 months and I used it 2-3 times, that would be the last time I visited that range.  The old Tradecraft membership prices seemed a little high but didn’t seem completely outrageous.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top