Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2024 9:35:42 AM EDT
Anyone have a recommendation for a decent but economically-priced tree removal service in and around Tucson?  Company or individual, either way.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Best luck I have had with that is to cut it down myself and have one of those Mexican landscapers that leave cards by the front door come clean it up.  Cost me 100 bucks to have em haul a small trailer full of branches and shit from my back yard. Just got charged an hour labor.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on type and size of the tree.  You might be able to find a wood working guy to come take it down for you.  

I'd post picks on facebook/Craigslist and off the word for free if they haul away the mess.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a few bids.  I have found that tree removal is all over the board.  I am a pool/landscaping designer and have to get quotes time to time for remodel projects.  I always have a client deal direct as it can be a little rough.

I have had one guy bid $5K, the next $10K and the third $15K on the same project.  The $5K guy pulled out an electrical wire that was wrapped in the roots of the tree.  That wasn't a surprise as he can't see underground.  What did suck is he just stopped responding to calls from the homeowner.  Had he just firmly state that he isn't responsible, and he isn't, the issue would have gone away.  I believe I quoted $750 to replace the run when doing the installation.  So the homeowner still saved $4250 over the next bid.

On another tree trimming job, the quotes were $600, $1200, and $2000.  The $600 was incredible hard to communicate with, so the $1200 bid got it.  He will get their return business in the next year or two when the tree needs to be trimmed again.

Try to get a payment schedule of half up front and half on the back end.  That way you have some recourse if there is an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top