Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2024 9:04:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Striker]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:25:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#1]
The one in palmetto?

It’s made national news coverage over the last 4-5 months for being ran so poorly.

Thinks it’s mainly staffed by inner city DEI hires that don’t care to be there.

If you find it on Google maps it has some images tagged to it. It’s funny and sad at the same time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It's absolutely terrible here for mail. I've had so many parcels just disappear that I've all but stopped mailing anything. It has taken 2 months for a letter to travel across town if it had to go through the "new and improved" sorting facility.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whiskerz] [#5]
There is one in Palmetto, One by the Airport and one in Suwanee. I had a recent package travel back and forth between the airport and Suwanee 4 times before heading north to come visit me in the south. I just got a box from Jacksonville Fl. that sat at the post office in Jacksonville for 2 months. The shipper sent a 2nd package after it went missing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a package go from the Palmetto center to a different state twice!

How many people work for the post office?  Answer=50% at best.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#9]
Mail in GA is horrible. Atlanta processed a package I had coming to me in Ga once and sent it to the wrong Post office in a very small town near me. I drove to that Post office and asked if I could get the package and they said no. They pointed at one of those big cardboard boxes that was partially filled with packages just from that day going back that was delivered wrong to them the day before. They said they would not look through all of them for it. Said they send that many back every time they get the next day delivery, and it would be back in Atlanta the next day. I can't imagine how many wrong ones larger local Post offices receive every day.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#10]
My son had one hit the Atlanta mail processing facility, and then bounce all the way to Colorado before coming back.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a small firearms part shipped USPS and get stuck in the Atlanta sorting center. After a few days it showed as someone picked it up. I considered it lost at that point.

A week later it was in my mailbox the day after I ordered another one. I'll give the second one to one of my shooting buddies.

Just glad the US isn't in charge of gravity and making water flow downhill. Sunrises and sunsets too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Just had a package hit Memphis to Jax back to ATL. Don't make sense.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Package hit Palmetto center July 19 - still not here. Sent request for help multiple times to USPS for help - get "no worries, in route" response. I am 3 hours away!
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 4:29:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InflectionPoint] [#17]
Probably stuffed in the same bin as my custom kitchen cleaver.

Croatia to Atlanta in 9 days and then lost, never to be seen again.  At least the maker refunded me.  I told him I would gladly pay him again if it happened to show up.  Not counting on it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 4:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Striker] [#18]
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a package currently stuck in the Atlanta USPS black hole too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I ordered a gas block from Allegheny Arms in Pennsylvania a few months back.  It went from Pennsylvania to Ohio to Jacksonville, Florida -- to Atlanta to Memphis to Atlanta to Cusseta, Georgia -- where it's still listed as moving through system on its way to destination.

I filed a claim with my credit card company (since I couldn't claim it) and ordered a replacement.  That took several weeks to get to Midland, Georgia as well.  The manufacturer called a few nights back asking about the card dispute and I explained I filed after three weeks with nothing.  The sender gets protection using Priority Mail.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Do not use Ground Advantage.

That sucks and packages are not scanned along the way like Priority packages are.

I have two barrels MIA and I believe Atlanta is the common denominator.

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Striker:
I initiated a search thru the USPS on July 26.....**crickets**
View Quote

It finally showed up 20 days after it was mailed from TN.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lightning8:
Package hit Palmetto center July 19 - still not here. Sent request for help multiple times to USPS for help - get "no worries, in route" response. I am 3 hours away!
View Quote

Filed claim and status is changed to lost
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#26]
My cleaver finally showed up.

It went from Croatia -> NY -> Palmetto -> Atlanta (sat there for 5 weeks, filed a missing package form)-> Nashville -> Miami -> Atlanta -> me.

Never any correspondence from USPS other than when it was finally delivered, they sent an email a day later saying it was.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Here's another kooky shipping story that is on going right now.

A friend in Marietta ordered a part from a vendor in Kennesaw, distance between both locations is roughly 10 miles.  Yes he could have gone to pick it up, he and the vendor are actually friends.  But he enjoyed the convenient of shopping from home.

The part quickly shipped, it left Kennesaw and went through the postal distribution system and arrived at the Jacksonville, FL distribution system.  Then it turned around and is now on its way to Marietta, GA.  I guess the part went on a sightseeing trip.

He could have had that part and back home in 30 minutes.  But now 5 days later he's still waiting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Those idiots lost 25 Uzi mags of mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top