Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2024 2:09:35 PM EDT
I didn't think it was possible but the delivery issue keep getting worse?

Seeing things hit the North ATL distro center, then go to Palmetto, then right back to North ATL distro center, or worse out of state only to come back a day or two later?

Looking like either they're utterly incompetent, or they're doing this on purpose? Both?
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:
I didn't think it was possible but the delivery issue keep getting worse?

Seeing things hit the North ATL distro center, then go to Palmetto, then right back to North ATL distro center, or worse out of state only to come back a day or two later?

Looking like either they're utterly incompetent, or they're doing this on purpose? Both?
View Quote

Both, but mostly incompetent..............
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I understand they've eliminated local sorting so all of the mail goes to distribution centers that apparently were in no way ready for any of this and instead of going back to the way that worked they've decided to stick to this mess. My guess is that this was their answer to staffing shortages.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell me about it.

In FEBRUARY - my wife's sister in Gainesville, GA (lake Lanier) mailed my wife (Alpharetta) a Valentine's card, my wife did the same for her sister.  Our houses are 20 miles apart, nowhere near the Palmetto disaster.  My wife received her sister's card in 3 or 4 days.  Her sister finally received my wife's card at the end of MAY.

The last day of FEBRUARY, my client in Marietta mailed my office (Duluth) a payment check.  After two months we agreed to have them cancel the mailed check and they issued us another check and we met for lunch.  The cancelled check arrived after Memorial Day.

In early April I mailed check to my gun club at South River (Conyers), it took two weeks to get there.

Then two weeks ago I sold a holster to a buyer in Macon.  I mailed it (cheapest route - not priority) to him and was afraid that it might have to pass through the Palmetto distribution center because the package was heading south.  The package got to him in TWO DAYS.

There is no rhyme or reason why some mails get somewhere in two days while others took 3 months.  It's a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:07:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZF-1] [#4]
I usually do all my Christmas shopping for the family over the summer and right now 4 of the items I have ordered have all switched to "Moving Through Network: In Transit to Next Facility" limbo which I think means, "fuck if we know where or when it went". I'm hoping they actually arrive before the holidays and not just lost/destroyed/stolen as 2 of those items are going to be hard to replace. Not expensive or rare, just will take work to get them remade.

Looks like it's going to have to be Fedex, UPS, or Amazon for shipping going forward.

Fuck...
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#5]
This is happening all across the country.

My shipment from eTrailer:

A shipment from CA to a buddy in Phoenix:

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
From what I understand they've eliminated local sorting so all of the mail goes to distribution centers that apparently were in no way ready for any of this and instead of going back to the way that worked they've decided to stick to this mess. My guess is that this was their answer to staffing shortages.
View Quote

I've never really looked too deeply into USPS but is the pay/work conditions for USPS just horrible and they get bottom of the barrel or no applicants?

Do you think this is a plan towards trying to force the .gov to get more budget to them or maybe change their services to stop handling packages/parcels/freight?
All the above?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#7]

I've never really looked too deeply into USPS but is the pay/work conditions for USPS just horrible and they get bottom of the barrel or no applicants?

Do you think this is a plan towards trying to force the .gov to get more budget to them or maybe change their services to stop handling packages/parcels/freight?
All the above?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

All the above?

Far as I know pay isn't bad and neither are the benefits as it's a union gig. Around here rural carriers start at $18 an hour plus mileage, people with reliable cars make bank off the mileage rates. I have no idea what the people doing the sorting get today but I know people who had done it years ago as part time holiday labor and said the money was good back then. Personally, I think it was some ivy league bureaucrat who never touched a piece of mail for work deciding they knew better and screwed it all up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#8]
It is absolutely horrible lately. I've had issues with payments to vendors never arriving, payments from customers too. I was expecting a notice from the magistrate court in Cobb County that they would only send in the mail, it took 6 weeks from the time they sent it until I received it in the neighboring county.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#9]
In the past, the USPS employees were federal government employees and were paid according to the General Services - GS scale.  I don't know what it is now.  Rural carriers maybe contract workers and not actually employees of the federal government.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they are kind of all like that.  I have a UPS package that has been sitting in Atlanta since 5/30.  Was supposed to be delivered 5/31.  I assume it's temporarily lost.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]
They don't seem to have any problem stuffing junk mail in my box. Our local water dept has been waiving late fees since January because people were getting their bills after the due date.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Multiple bill payments have been late or lost lately. We are moving to paying bills digitally. If everyone does that - then USPS loses a lot of revenue and requires even more tax money. Time to completely privatize the mail.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#13]
They took 2 days to go from the Snellville post office…to the Snellville post office. You can’t make this shit up.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top