Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/23/2024 6:01:13 AM EDT
Back home in Virginia from my job in Tooele Utah. Such a beautiful state and i get the reason why people live there. #1 thing for me was no damn humidity lol. Saw my first mule deer, antelope and tumble weed lol. Salt Lake city was pricey due to California migrants and big tech moving in but hey thats a different conversation. Road systems way better than Va and speed limits wete fantastic lol. While on the Army depot south base we got to watch them blow up old munitions and that gave me a little wood action. This had the news out there because the airport could hear them lol. I will for sure have to plan a personal trip to really get to explore and soak in mother nature. Do a little fishing and hunting if given the chance. Thanks again and yall have a beautiful state.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The wind must have been blowing the wrong way last week.

We're in earshot of the base and last summer heard a lot of the disposal; even had the house shake a few times. This year we didn't. Likely we couldn't tell the difference between those explosions and the home construction next door. Developers have put up 4 homes down our street in the past 2-3 months.

Decent week for weather, too - not too hot. This week we're back in the 80s.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Ha those detonations were crazy.  My office in slc was vibrating with each one…and my wife felt them at home 30 miles away.  

Glad you had a good time.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top