Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 8:42:40 PM EDT

They are small fish in the minnow family.  They prefer slow-moving streams and ponds.  Though they don’t grow large, only up to a few inches, usually 1 1/2 to 3”, they are in the pike family.

Central Mudminnow

I’ve read that they can be found in western Vermont and around the Lake Champlain area.

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#1]
yup, i have pictures of them, last one i found was in otter creek, ill find the picture i have
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:25:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#2]
and no i diddnt kill it  i released it.

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZoToL:
and no i diddnt kill it  i released it.

https://i.imgur.com/5ZsAypg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bb8IkKk.jpg
View Quote

Awesome!

Have you ever kept them as pets?  I’m interested in breeding them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:15:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#4]
no , I thought about it but I'm too lazy for fish tanks now. when i was younger i was successful with dace and crayfish in a fish tank.  The one above i got with a minnow net in central vt, it was acting weird for a fish and me and my buddy wanted to identify what it was. Ive caught sculpin as well but they require cold water i think. Even see many baby pike in the same area after breeding time. Like 3in long and they still hunt like the big ones do, kinda crazy to see a tiny pike hunt and kill a minnow, seen baby gar as well micro predators, very fun to watch.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
no , I thought about it but I'm too lazy for fish tanks now. when i was younger i was successful with dace and crayfish in a fish tank.  The one above i got with a minnow net in central vt, it was acting weird for a fish and me and my buddy wanted to identify what it was. Ive caught sculpin as well but they require cold water i think. Even see many baby pike in the same area after breeding time. Like 3in long and they still hunt like the big ones do, kinda crazy to see a tiny pike hunt and kill a minnow, seen baby gar as well micro predators, very fun to watch.
View Quote

Very cool!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:44:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZoToL] [#6]
your inbox is full,  was in the shoreham/cornwall area. Leister i think? im horrible remember towns. Very versed in the back roads there even though its been awhile ive been. Was 3 or 4 of those and curiosity got us.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]
your inbox is full,  was in the shoreham/cornwall area. Leister i think? im horrible remember towns. Very versed in the back roads there even though its been awhile ive been. Was 3 or 4 of those and curiosity got us.
View Quote

@ZoToL

Box emptied.  Thank you!  Where I grew up in Canada we had a ton of them but none locally so I’m trying to find a source!
Top Top