Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2024 6:32:54 PM EDT
Hey guys... flying in to SeaTac next weekend and doing a road trip around the state for 10 days - so we'll mostly be out in rural areas, the 3 national parks, etc.  Just staying in Seattle the night we arrive and the night before we fly out.  Probably hit a Seattle attraction or two the next day on our way out of town but otherwise we're not staying or doing anything there.

Read the USCCA's page on Washington's carry-concealed info and skimmed thru the state AG's firearms FAQ webpage.  Obviously Washington won't recognize my New York carry permit, nor would I be able to get a non-resident permit without traveling to WA first well ahead of time.  

If I'm reading everything correctly:
  • Concealed Carry - no (or is it concealed is concealed just do anything stupid wink wink)
  • Premises Possession/Carry - yes
  • Car Carry - no (other than in a locked box)
  • Open Carry - yes, but watch out for squeamish people... but is it an issue in the more rural parts of the state?
Anything I would need to be concerned about at the airport (especially on the flight back to NY?)... or pretty much unloaded in a lock box - good to go?  Any other good advice from those of you who have lived in WA?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 7:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_in_Seattle] [#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top