Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2024 7:07:46 PM EDT
so last time I went to vote, signs all over the place vote today they told me there was nothing for me.

Today I go, they scan my id , make me sign. and then ask me which ballot I wanted which I found odd.  I told them Republican. they print it, have me slide it in  machine and there is only one office choice and names I don't recognize.

Then I see they gave a democrat ballot instead.   They had the name and everything correct but switched the party.   pretty sure I registered as republican as well so I could vote in the primaries so why did they ask which ballot.     I had to get it cancelled and they had to put a password in the machine and then make me a new ballot.  they got kinda squirrely when I said its not what I asked for.

Maybe because I was a minority at that location.  gonnna complain to the elections body, whether it helps or not.  I wonder how many people they may have done that to.  Their excuse was the Rep and Dem buttons are right next to each other but they did not show me on the screen.   only had local people show on it,

I know you cannot change registration so many days before voting so I was a little confused.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By somedude:
so last time I went to vote, signs all over the place vote today they told me there was nothing for me.

Today I go, they scan my id , make me sign. and then ask me which ballot I wanted which I found odd.  I told them Republican. they print it, have me slide it in  machine and there is only one office choice and names I don't recognize.

Then I see they gave a democrat ballot instead.   They had the name and everything correct but switched the party.   pretty sure I registered as republican as well so I could vote in the primaries so why did they ask which ballot.     I had to get it cancelled and they had to put a password in the machine and then make me a new ballot.  they got kinda squirrely when I said its not what I asked for.

Maybe because I was a minority at that location.  gonnna complain to the elections body, whether it helps or not.  I wonder how many people they may have done that to.  Their excuse was the Rep and Dem buttons are right next to each other but they did not show me on the screen.   only had local people show on it,

I know you cannot change registration so many days before voting so I was a little confused.
View Quote

To the bolded part; SC has open primaries, so even as a republican you can vote in the democrat primary and vice versa.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jlbs009:

To the bolded part; SC has open primaries, so even as a republican you can vote in the democrat primary and vice versa.
View Quote

never realized that, might be the first  primary they asked me or that I voted in.  however they still gave me the wrong one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top