Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2024 11:32:59 AM EDT
These gun shows are all but finished here and it is a sad state now.
Gone are all the parts, guns and vendors that were common for decades.
There is no wonder membership has dropped, this State has all but decimated the enthusiasts, vendors and FFLs.
I don't think everyone knows just how grim the future looks here but this is just sad.
I can only hope for the best but We are seeing the beginning of the end unless something major changes.
One of the things I have always enjoyed was attending these events but it looks like those days are over.
Link Posted: 10/20/2024 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It was reported on WAGuns that WAC manglement had someone in a pink unicorn costume, with rainbow wings, outside spinning a sign to try to bring people in.
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#2]
How have the WAC shows been lately? Any decent ammo deals? I’ve picked up some decent non-gun related deals over the years, ie, a used Cammenga lensatic compass with tritium markers, which had plenty of life left. I haven’t renewed my membership lately; I don’t know if it’s worth it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 10:06:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Teddydog] [#3]
I thought the show was "ok."  For being the "big show" of the year (first after the summer dry spell), it was a little thin, but that could well be due to the missing "AR dealers".  There were decent crowds, I thought.  As a member, I arrived around 9:20 am and left around 11.  I'm interested in "old" stuff mostly, not modern guns.  There was plenty to see and a few temptations, but I bought only ammo and brass, all of it "second hand" not from dealers.  

The ammo "dealers" still seem to think ammo should sell at a premium and I barely looked at their offerings.  What I like are the guys selling off their own stuff, or estate purchase ammo.  I bought some .50 BMG from a guy out of that game for fair prices and from another guy some "cowboy ammo" (25-20, 32-20 and 38-40) and .338 Lapua for GREAT prices.

I do miss the heyday of the WAC shows, but for sure the State is trying to kill the gun culture.  Sucks donkey balls.  If the WAC goes away, I will miss the shows.  And it has been said that the Wes Knodel shows (Centralia) are ending after the December show.  But the potential good news is that the promoter of the Falcon shows is looking to step up and fill the void (as I literally overheard at that show in Silverdale), so we SHOULD still have at least one show promoter in business.

I did NOT see any sidewalk sign spinner when I left.

Rob
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The WAC started as a bunch of collectors who got together to show/display/swap stuff, which lends itself to the C&R exempt stuff.
I would assume the show is going to return to its roots because of the state statutes and, let's be honest, internet sales/marketplace/etc.
That said, I heard a number of old timers that deal in parting out "estates" that they've been passing on many because they don't know if they can move the stuff.
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
What OP mentions is what those in favor of anti-gun laws were hoping for.
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorta...  I think they hoped to kill off gunshows altogether, but they could (if WAC Mgt and the like are listening) revert to their origins of collector/C&R/swappin' days if steered in that direction.
Link Posted: 10/21/2024 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Turd furgree and the orange shirts were hoping for the demise of Wa. gun shows and it has happened. WAC is just a shell of what it was. The vendor who sell all sorts of gun parts in tackle boxes hides the AR ,AK ,M14 boxes as he says it is illegal to sell these parts in WA.    
If all the gun owners and collectors voted this crap would not be happening.
Shame on all you that have the opportunity to change this Bullshit and decided not to mail in your ballot.
Mail in voting is a real opportunity to cheat BUT if the vote is overwhelming it would be harder to do just that!
All that being said, I attended the show and found some decent deals on private tables 762x39 154grn soft point for .47 a round picked up all the guy had 540 rounds with NO tax's. Also a descent used scope for $50.00 1to4x24 and 30mm rings for $25.00 NO Tax's
I will keep supporting the WAC until dies which I think is coming soon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Never been to one and I certainly don't plan to start now
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slughunter1:
Shame on all you that have the opportunity to change this Bullshit and decided not to mail in your ballot.

Mail in voting is a real opportunity to cheat BUT if the vote is overwhelming it would be harder to do just that!
View Quote

I don’t think it would overcome the Puget Sound effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top