Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2024 3:43:01 PM EDT
I’ll be heading down next week with the family(wife and 2 kids). We are staying at the caribe resort. Just curious what some decent places to eat are in the area, kid friendly of course. We love breakfast places.

I plan on fishing everyday too. Probably surf fishing in the mornings and evenings, and maybe even the Perdido pass bridge or Caribe Marina for mangroves and sheepshead. I hope the pompano are still running on the beach. Maybe there’s still trout out there too.

Seems like yalls Gun laws are like they are in GA. Don’t carry in a govt building, and don’t be an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 12:17:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: justsayin] [#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Tin Top Oyster Bar in Bon Secour.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Doc's Seafood Shack and Oyster bar.  There are two Doc's down there, this one is better.

https://www.docsseafoodshack.com/

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch your speed coming up and over the bridge in between the Caribe and the rest of the beach.  The police love to hand out tickets at both ends, specifically from the public beach launch right next to the bridge (across the street from the Caribe).

Btw, fun fact, parts of the movie "Meyer Lansky" (about the costa nostra mobster) were filmed under that bridge. In some scenes you can see the Caribe in the background.

Insofar as places to eat, like others have mentioned, I recommend Doc's Seafood, and the Ruby Slipper (breakfast).  Tacky Jack's and The Gulf are pretty good too. Tacky Jack's has exceptional outdoor seating so if you have a group of people you might check it out.

I hope you have a lot of fun, we love it down there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Watch out for sharks too, they are everywhere on the Gulf coast right now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Breakfast- Brick and Spoon
Costal is a new place close by. Has a restaurant side and a bar side. Breakfast-brunch and dinner

Tons of another really good places like Cobalt next door, Tin Top ( a bit of a drive) Jesses on the Bay (need reservation, upscale)

Tacky Jacks can be fun for the kids. Multi colored building you can probably see across Cotton Bayou from your condo.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Sea & Suds in Gulf Shores is our go-to. Great raw oysters, cheap, cold beer, and pretty good prices compared to most other places. It's also one of the few places actually on the beach.

We also have been going to OSO at Bear Point the past two times down. The menu is a bit different than "friend everything," and it's at a marina so you can look at all of the boats.

We have gone to the new Coastal restaurant the past two times as well. It is very cool; the food is OK, I'd say, but the tuna poke nachos are outstanding. Parking is a bit of a bear, though. I'm thinking you can probably park across the street at the Publix parking lot if the Coastal lot is full.

For breakfast, someone already mentioned Brick and Spoon. We really like that place. Ruby Slipper is also good, though it is a chain, and wait times can be really long if you don't get there early. There's also a beignet place that I wanted to check out last time but we didn't make it over there.

I'd say Doc's is overrated...
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 10:47:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: telsonman] [#8]
The sharks are like this every year just about. We usually go to Destin and i always see them in the surf when im fishing
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
We always eat at Cosmo's on 180. Never been disappointed. You must get there @5pm or you'll wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top