Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2024 5:01:23 PM EDT
Watched a life flight for someone on the 3rd. At Crescent bar(Not fireworks related)

SAR was out this morning searching for a missing boat after a loud boom out on the Colombia river at 1AM.

Wenatchee/Chelan is on fire. Again.

Just saw something about a swing ride collapsed in Oak Harbor

What’s next?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Watched a life flight for someone on the 3rd. At Crescent bar(Not fireworks related)

SAR was out this morning searching for a missing boat after a loud boom out on the Colombia river at 1AM.

Wenatchee/Chelan is on fire. Again.

Just saw something about a swing ride collapsed in Oak Harbor

What’s next?
View Quote

Turd Ferguson and Monkey Dingbat are elected in landslides....
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Been camping with all my adult kids an all our grandchildren in the mountains. Cooking out, swimming, fishing, riding bikes, camp fires, smores an scary stories..ran to house to check on animals, no internet or cell at camp site.

Disconnecting an living rough with people you care about, best time ever.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:51:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
Been camping with all my adult kids an all our grandchildren in the mountains. Cooking out, swimming, fishing, riding bikes, camp fires, smores an scary stories..ran to house to check on animals, no internet or cell at camp site.

Disconnecting an living rough with people you care about, best time ever.
View Quote

+1

We spent a long holiday weekend at a family cabin down in the Dayton area. No cell service, there is a landline but no internet service hooked up. No TV reception, no cable service. Just a TV with a small library of mostly older family friendly movies. I love that it forces everyone to unplug and spend quality time with each other without the distractions of every day life. Plenty of stuff to do: A SxS, golf cart, zip line, archery range, small shooting range, trails, games, fire pit, hot tub, a small river to play in, miles of forest service roads. Good times.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CavVet:
Seattle homeless camp on fire
View Quote

Let that shit burn. The poles are gonna have to come down any way.

I've noticed an increase in burned out RVs in the region. Part of me wonders if some folks are tired of it and doing the needful.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mancat:

Let that shit burn. The poles are gonna have to come down any way.

I've noticed an increase in burned out RVs in the region. Part of me wonders if some folks are tired of it and doing the needful.
View Quote

Yeah. Seen a lot of burned out RVs lately. Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll bet that really stinks downwind.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]
and tomorrow morning, I'm going to arrive at work and have to tolerate listening to a Bunch of $hitheads complain about how some kid didn't accomplish his goal on Saturday.

Ingrats.

Seems to be affiliated with a disease here in western Washington.

Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#10]
President Trump was shot.

Multiple victims in the crowd.

Fuck.

To top it off. We lost Richard Simmons yesterday.

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

President Trump was shot.

Multiple victims in the crowd.

Fuck.

To top it off. We lost Richard Simmons yesterday.

View Quote

Add Bob Newhart to the dearly departed list.

Has Seattle caught fire yet? I want to take pics of it burning down.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#12]
No. Just like we don’t have any major fires yet. Those don’t happen till we get a conservative leader.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 3:17:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#13]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Has Seattle caught fire yet? I want to take pics of it burning down.
View Quote

Nothing besides the occasional RV fire- this happened on about May 23:
RV fire in Ballard ~May 23

And there was another one about 10 days ago- started by a grass/brush fire, possibly from a lit cigarette tossed by a motorist . It ignited utility poles, semi trucks and an RV…
South Seattle fire

ETA: I saw a social media video of the latter fire as it was getting underway - it was quite impressive- flames shooting upwards pretty high. If I can find it, I’ll put it up. Trying to stay frosty.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 4:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 161Infantry] [#14]
Rumor is wildland fire fighters have written off stehekin, fire cannot be stopped...although I'm not seeing an evacuation order.

Fastest update is the town is preparing, so probably a BS rumor, the stehekin bakery burning would be a tragedy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 1:12:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
Rumor is wildland fire fighters have written off stehekin, fire cannot be stopped...although I'm not seeing an evacuation order.

Fastest update is the town is preparing, so probably a BS rumor, the stehekin bakery burning would be a tragedy.
View Quote

I keep hearing that as well, they did say at the Thursday night meeting they have done all they can and if it keeps moving there is nothing they can do and fire fighters will be forced to retreat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top