Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2024 11:12:09 AM EDT
Do you want to know more?

Per a few recent threads in GD, there have been ineligible voters found in voter rolls in other states (illegals, mostly). Is that a problem in Wisconsin? We don't know! The WEC does not verify or validate the voter rolls in any way. According to WEC, the voter is the one responsible for verifying their status to be eligible to vote! I would have thought a Republican legislature would do something about this, and force the governor to come out against secure elections, but I was wrong. Individual voters may be challenged at the local level, but there is no state system for validating registered voters or purging ineligible voters.

If you would like to peruse the voter rolls, they are public records and anybody can submit a request. There's a web site for that: https://badgervoters.wi.gov I haven't done this, so I don't know how much they charge.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm assuming they charge for this to discourage people from actually checking this out?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#2]
So, basically you can get the entire election data for the state for the last 2 decades for only $12k.  

I want to see the list of 'customers' who are buying this data.  We all know that campaigns and political parties use this for targeting mailing and calls.  Who else is buying this data and using it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder why the people who are removed aren't criminally charged, after all I'm assuming they committed fraud to get on in the first place?  That's assuming they are still alive.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:03:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#4]
To get the list for my school district, the cost is $85. To get my whole county, it's $215. The number indicated for the county is smaller than I expected. I suspect there are a bunch of people out in the country that aren't registered. My school district has a pretty high number, higher than I expected.

My legislators were not interested when I emailed about the concern of other states finding lots of ineligible voters on the rolls. Surprising, since I'm currently represented by Republicans (thanks, redistricting!).
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#5]
$215 for a couple keystrokes to run a report?  Yeah, that just peachy.  Nice way to discourage anyone wanting to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top