Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
6/9/2019 5:30:09 PM EDT
I have a PAR in Kalifornia 10-day wait limbo. Am planning on replacing the barrel for one with a normal muzzle thread pitch.

Anyone have any tips or gotcha's with a PAR barrel replacement?
8/19/2019 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've swapped a barrel on two, and they take plain jane AR barrels, but the gotcha is that you're going to want to cover the gas port with a gas block or machined sleeve. They are fairly popular up here in Canada because they are non-restricted (we have different classes of firearms, our laws are a rats nest) even with shorter barrels like this:



In this case I chopped the handguard and installed a 10.5" barrel.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In