BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your buddy is in his stand and dude walks up and pisses right at the base of his tree.....only time shit like you've posted about goes down if your trespassing .....or in someone else's actual stand.

That or the Guy was gonna go all crazzzzzzzzy on y'all LOL.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I first read this thread I was thinking,
Ok do want you want but not really required...

The my buddy tells me a story about the hunting trip I couldn't go on this year.
Some guy following them around in a truck all day.
Peeing while standing under their perch and looking straight at them
Waking up and finding the trail cam they put out next to their camp stolen.

So now I'm thinking perimeter security isn't so after all.

Your buddy is in his stand and dude walks up and pisses right at the base of his tree.....only time shit like you've posted about goes down if your trespassing .....or in someone else's actual stand.

National wilderness area.
Buddy was up on a rock outcropping glassing.

My other buddy was down in the brush.

Truck, that they earlier saw on a ridge across the valley, comes lumbering up the fire road.
Stops right under the rock outcropping.  Nothing happens for several minutes.
Then the guy gets out, stares right at my friend and while continuing to stare takes a huge piss.
Then leaves a few minutes later.

They don't think he knew there was another guy down in the brush ~100 yards away.

Still, what a nut job.

I told them the guy on the rock outcriopping should have stood up and pissed down, "OOPS I didn't see you since you're not wearing hunter orange."

That night the trail camera got stolen so they think it was the same guy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I first read this thread I was thinking,
Ok do want you want but not really required...

The my buddy tells me a story about the hunting trip I couldn't go on this year.
Some guy following them around in a truck all day.
Peeing while standing under their perch and looking straight at them
Waking up and finding the trail cam they put out next to their camp stolen.

So now I'm thinking perimeter security isn't so after all.

Not necessarily.  It may fall under the crazy category, but there are many incidences in my area where trespassers actually try to run people (who actually do belong there) off of land that they are supposed to be hunting on.  It even happened to me when I was a kid.  I was hunting with permission on a large farm (waaaay inside the property) when the asshole from the neighboring farm came wandering in and tried to run me off.  I told him I had express permission to be exactly where I was, wasn't even remotely close to his property, and was NOT leaving.  He even put his hand on his holstered revolver.  I swung my rifle around towards him, we stared at each other, and then he just walked away.  It was bizarre, and because it scared the shit out of me, I'll never forget it.  People do extremely weird shit sometimes, and you never know what kind of crap is going to happen.  About a decade ago some folks tried to run someone else I know off of his own farm during deer season.  People are crazy sometimes, and you never know where.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
if you are hunting on someone else's property, you should always have WRITTEN permission on your person.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
if you are hunting on someone else's property, you should always have WRITTEN permission on your person.
View Quote

In the 1980's we didn't bother with it when hunting on land of lifelong family friends.  It's required by law nowadays though.  

Either way, when a nut goes on somebody else's property to "run folks off" for nefarious reasons, I doubt it'd make a difference to them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
nicely put. I think most ass hat posters just stumble in from G.D. or active topics and don't realize they are actually in a forum and blurt out what ever comes to their empty head before thinking it thru.
View Quote

Yeah pretty sure thats how I got in here. Active topics, Sorry
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 3:40:20 AM EDT
[#6]
did the OP get eaten by a panther or kidnapped by roving gangs of mutant bikers....

fwiw i got some interesting battery operated ir sensor motion lights.....on xmas...
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Well.....  PICs and details man!!!  

Show us your new IR motion sensing battery powered gadget goodness!
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, quit holding out, at least a link...

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well.....  PICs and details man!!!  

Show us your new IR motion sensing battery powered gadget goodness!
View Quote

http://www.capstoneindustries.com/index.php/products/slim-wireless-motion-sensor-light/

there,,,,,you go....

just played around with em a lil bit. not bad and not to heavy. i could see some uses shtf for sure....

specially if some one was nerdy enough to put IR leds in there ....

only negative it says to use in a dry area.

came in a two pack,,with batt's and mounting screws etc.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top