Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2024 5:06:24 PM EDT
I know it's early but I wanted to post about brood reports also.
SeWi has had a very good Mallard and Canada hatch, still waiting on Woodies to start checking boxes.
The local "teenage " Canadas seem to be getting ready to head to Hudson Bay for the molt.
Sidenote- I drove back from SoCal on Father's day weekend and went up through Wyoming and Nebraska along I 80.
Scoping out pot holes along the way it seems like every one had broods.
If this is what you are seeing let us know.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I am sorry, and I apologize.  When  I clicked this  I was expecting to see stats about   the southern border  "migration."
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 440roadrunner:
I am sorry, and I apologize.  When  I clicked this  I was expecting to see stats about   the southern border  "migration."
View Quote

Really..
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chukar:
I know it's early but I wanted to post about brood reports also.
SeWi has had a very good Mallard and Canada hatch, still waiting on Woodies to start checking boxes.
The local "teenage " Canadas seem to be getting ready to head to Hudson Bay for the molt.
Sidenote- I drove back from SoCal on Father's day weekend and went up through Wyoming and Nebraska along I 80.
Scoping out pot holes along the way it seems like every one had broods.
If this is what you are seeing let us know.
View Quote

I won't see anything until the teal move south but, I saw more pintails last season than eber before in my life and I mean by a lot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

I won't see anything until the teal move south but, I saw more pintails last season than eber before in my life and I mean by a lot.
View Quote

Our teal hatch (blue wings) and Red heads north of me is looking great .
We should have an abundance coming down.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Our teal hatch (blue wings) and Red heads north of me is looking great .
We should have an abundance coming down.
View Quote

Last couple of years on the West Coast they've come down after the season ends Sometimes I wish they'd bump the season out 2-3 weeks. I'd be fine starting later if the season ended later.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
My daughter and I will be starting our scouting in 3 weeks for teal and youth in western mn. Let ya know what we see
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:43:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chukar] [#7]
TEAL!!!

At sunrise it started with a few pairs, then 5-10, followed by some 20+ flocks in SE Wi. (Franklin)

Sad part is that l'm at work and not sitting in my blind
Definitely alot moved down since the weekend.
Also have a couple of hundred of these flying around. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
TEAL!!!

At sunrise it started with a few pairs, then 5-10, followed by some 20+ flocks in SE Wi. (Franklin)

Sad part is that l'm at work and not sitting in my blind
Definitely alot moved down since the weekend.
Also have a couple of hundred of these flying around. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/472049/20240906_064522_jpg-3314634.JPG
View Quote
Looks nice man. Send some over to the Atlantic flyway, we need them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Not many ducks here but chukar on the other hand are doing great. NDOW reports biggest population in years. I have a small drinker set up on the other side of the hill and they swarm it daily. I haven't hunted them in years and kind of have a self imposed rule to not hunt within a couple miles of my place anyway. I just enjoy watching and listening to them. It doesn't take a hell of a lot to entertain me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top