Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2024 8:33:25 AM EDT
If you enjoy a good hunt, you might enjoy this one. My aging father connected with a dandy that made for quite and adventure.

A hunt for four lifetimes

Link Posted: 9/22/2024 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#1]
That picture makes that rifle look HUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome story.

I took my dad out for probably his last hunt three years ago. He turns 90 later this year.  He has lost his short term memory, doesn't really seem interested in going for another hunt.

Kinda makes the full circle when we start hunting with our dads as kids, and then as adults take them out hunting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VaFish:
Kinda makes the full circle when we start hunting with our dads as kids, and then as adults take them out hunting.
View Quote

exactly, feels weird how he used to guide me through everything, and now it seems I have to help him with so much.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coldboremiracle:

exactly, feels weird how he used to guide me through everything, and now it seems I have to help him with so much.
View Quote

My dad with his loss of short term memory was like taking a kid in the stand.

"How many deer can I shoot?"   "One buck and for doe dad."

"Damn it's cold out, sure glad it isn't any colder"  "Yeah dad it is, I got some hot cocoa in the thermos you want some?"  "Nah"

"How many deer can I shoot?"...........

We had him out with us last weekend clearing around the stands and setting them up.  But his vision just isn't good enough to see a deer further than 10 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top