Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2024 6:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FriedFish]
The ARRL has their Handbook 100 and the ARRL Antenna Book available in electronic formats. One of the options seem to be something compatible with a PDF reader, and the other option is the kindle versions available from Amazon.

I remember buying one of these electronic books from the ARRL a few years ago and there was something weird about how the download went and how accessible it was to me on my computer. That downloaded file was eventually lost somewhere, no idea where.

My question is, is it worth the hassle to purchase their e-books considering the 30 minute window after purchase to hopefully download it only once without having a problem?
Could I save it onto a flash drive and then have it available to me without any mysterious hangups or hoops I need to jump?

Reasons for interest in electronic other than paper versions is a serious lack of space on my part and I have also decided to try and create a personal, though small, library of user manuals, service manuals and any other reference information instead of always dependent upon the internet to look up a manual for something I already own or would like to own.

So, any insights regarding interesting information worth storing would be appreciated such as manufacturers data sheets, etc.

I'm also wanting to find good information on building a vertical loop antenna. Again, also interested in electronic format.

Thanks

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If they still have the option get the one for the Linux download. You will be able to read it on anything. If you get the one for Windows you will be restricted to using Adobe on Windows because of the DMR.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Message sent
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Their system is still down as I am waiting for my digital copies after the debacle...
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top