Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2024 10:08:52 PM EDT
Recently decided to try to do the whole DMR thing.  Watched a YouTube video, programmed 4 TGs and got it connected to my hotspot.  Everything was working fine. Decided to add more talkgroups now that I kind of had it figured out.  Now it won’t transmit on UHF.  Didn’t change any of the channels, just added TG.  It will transmit and receive VHF analog.  Will receive UHF analog but won’t transmit UHF.  I tried reloading a blank code plug and starting over and it still doesn’t work.  Did the factory reset, “reflashed” the firmware (radio is new from Amazon and had the most recent firmware before and after).  Tx enabled in the settings.  In DMR mode color code/time slot/frequency/ID are all correct to the hotspot settings.

Hotspot is running pistar, screen shows people’s IDs as they talk so I figure it’s the HD1

Anybody have any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/23/2024 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
does it work in analog mode?
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:25:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RUSSIANCATKILLA] [#2]
VHF analog will Tx/Rx
UHF analog will Rx but no TX.  

PL tones are off, no frequency shift, tx enabled.

It reads “no code” on the screen when you key it for both UHF and VHF (but vhf will transmit)

ETA:  won’t transmit in DMR mode or analog
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]
sounds like a hardware fault
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Kinda what I was thinking.  It wasn’t dropped or abused or anything, just reprogrammed.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#5]
Delete
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#6]
Found this online. Maybe this will help OP.

Ailunce 'No Code' Error

The “No Code” error on the Ailunce HD1 typically occurs when the radio is trying to receive a transmission but cannot decode it due to programming discrepancies or encryption settings.

Here are some steps to diagnose and fix the issue:

Verify repeater settings: Ensure that the color code and time slot settings match those of the repeater or other radios you’re trying to communicate with. Mismatches can result in reception errors like “No Code”.

Check code plug settings: Review your code plug settings to ensure that the correct frequencies, PL codes, and repeater settings are programmed. You can do this on the device itself or using the Ailunce code plug software.

Confirm duplex mode: Ensure that the radio is set to duplex mode (TX/RX) and that the box repeater for work mode is checked, indicating that the radio should be in duplex mode.

Update drivers: If you’re experiencing issues with the radio’s drivers, visit the Ailunce support page and download the CH340 driver. Install it according to the instructions to resolve any driver-related errors.

Reset user database: In some cases, the user database may become corrupted, causing the “No Code” error. Try resetting the user database by writing it to the code plug before restoring it. This may resolve any issues with missing user data.

Consult the user manual: Refer to the Ailunce HD1 user manual for specific guidance on troubleshooting the “No Code” error. The manual may provide additional tips and procedures to help resolve the issue.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and fix the “No Code” error on your Ailunce HD1. If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Ailunce support or a local amateur radio community for further assistance.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I found that too.  Thinking about it I think I have the “stock” code plug read from right out of the box on a different computer.  I thought the one I wrote was the same but maybe it wasn’t.  I’ll give that a go this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top