Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2024 4:33:51 PM EDT
These were the first radios we bought for my son and me. We used to be able to hit a repeater with them.

My brother changed out the repeater equipment, and all settings are the same.

Our cheap QRZ1 Jumpstart radios can still open the repeater, but neither of the Wouxun's can hit it now.  We tested Tx on 2M call and they still Tx.

Anyone heard of this type of problem? Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
check that the tones are set correctly
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you on the repeater site?  Probably desensing the shit outta that front end.
Cheap chinese radios doing cheap chinese radio things.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mach:
View Quote

Yes. I opened the software, double checked settings to repeater book, and over wrote the program again just to be sure.

The cheaper QRZ1 radios still have same settings and can open the repeater.  The only other thing I can think of is a power issue, but the Wouxun batteries are holding up better than the QRZ.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SnowMule:
Are you on the repeater site?  Probably desensing the shit outta that front end.
Cheap chinese radios doing cheap chinese radio things.
View Quote

The repeater is 12 miles away.

The QRZ radios are 5w and the batteries are toast. They only charge to 7.8v and last about 5 min. The Wouxun radios are 8w and the batteries still have life in them.

I never had issues with the UV9P radios getting in to the repeater before. Mine had the stock antenna break and now has a signal stick. I thought maybe it was something in the SMA to BNC adapter, but it Tx on 2M with no issues.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]
ah, made it sound like you were on the mountain/tower replacing the repeater, and couldn't make it in.  
Still going with "cheap chinese radio doing cheap chinese radio things" though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mach:
View Quote

Just came back to tell you,

you were right.

I had double checked all the settings, including tones, and reflashed the radio...so I thought I was good.  Also, I never changed the settings through the radio menu.

Yesterday I was playing in the menus and saw that the CTC was off.  Don't know how or why, but now it works.
Top Top