Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2023 8:52:57 AM EDT
I’m planning a backpacking trip and would like to bring my bump helmet and NV along to do some hiking at night, I’m most likely going to get a mystery ranch stick it to carry my helmet on the pack during the day. But my concern is that I think a lot of backpacking packs will interfere with the back of my helmet when wearing it and the pack. I currently have a mystery ranch 2DAP and the top of the pack sits low enough where it doesn’t interfere with my helmet but the pack is on the smaller side and I don’t think I’ll be able to carry everything I need. I’m looking at the mystery ranch Terraframe 50 but I can’t tell if the pack is gonna be too tall. I’m wanting to get something around the 50 liter range but am having a hard time finding something that will work. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe take the helmet to a store and try on the pack while wearing it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have many hours of mountain terrain night hiking with a frame pack and a crye nightcap. Even with a counterweight I never had issues with bumping my pack. Also stows very compact.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:06:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#3]
nvm...NVGs

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve tried but there aren’t any stores local to me that carry these kinds of packs that are a reasonable driving distance
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:42:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chudwick] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MemeWarfare:
I have many hours of mountain terrain night hiking with a frame pack and a crye nightcap. Even with a counterweight I never had issues with bumping my pack. Also stows very compact.

View Quote

I forgot about the nightcap, what pack do you use?
Top Top