Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 9:34:03 PM EDT
I had read somewhere (probably here ) that the berkey filters had fallen out of favor or possibly became unobtanium . What I would like to ask is what would be a similar product to purchase . This would be used to filter rainwater . Thanks in advance everybody .
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
We purchased an Alexapure about 3 years ago. Gravity fed filtration system.
It's a great system. Highly recommend!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We have had a Royal Berkey for years.
Do recommend.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 4q2:
I had read somewhere (probably here ) that the berkey filters had fallen out of favor or possibly became unobtanium . What I would like to ask is what would be a similar product to purchase . This would be used to filter rainwater . Thanks in advance everybody .
View Quote

The federal government classified the filters as a pesticide.  We purchased a 10 year supply before they went goodbye.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You can still get Berkey systems, and if you want certified filters there's non-Berkey providers like ProOne
that make filters for multiple gravity filter systems including Berkey.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#5]
They reopened

https://boroux.com/products/boroux-foundation-water-filter

the epa out them out of business but they renamed themselves
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Katadyn that works great. My family of 3 usually goes through 10L / day.

Katadyn Ceradyn
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ohiogators:

The federal government classified the filters as a pesticide.  We purchased a 10 year supply before they went goodbye.
View Quote

https://support.berkeywater.com/update-nmcl-court-case-vs-epa/

I knew there was some stupid issue, but after reading Berkey’s info page on it, the EPA still is just making shit up as bad as ATF does it sounds like.  Chevron treatment for rule making just needs to go away since the agencies are so out of control.

Oh no!  The filters have silver in them, to stop bacterial growth!  That could keep people from getting sick!  Quick, let’s ban them!  

And then the court telling the holding company and trust that actually owns Berkey, that they don’t have standing to sue EPA for an injunction?  Absolutely ridiculous.  More lawfare…. How can they not have standing?  Their company, which makes profits for them, is being restricted from selling a major item, so they are losing money.  But the judge said “no standing”.  Makes as much sense as when a lawsuit strings along for years, til someone dies, and then because they are dead, there is no standing.  Or after being screwed with for years, like on a gun permit scheme, when the agency changes it before the case is finalized, it gets dropped entirely for lack of standing- as though the past 10 years civil rights violations never even happened.  Our court system is ridiculous.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered a couple of these filters with a small stainless filter body.
CeraMetix 7" Heavy Metals and Fluoride Candle-USA
1.2 Gallon #202 Stainless Steel Filter Body
Top Top