Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: Today 8:41:52 PM EDT
Updated the firmware on my 7300 today. Still learning how to run this thing. Like antennas I have reached information overload. Just going to slowly try to absorb the knowledge. Gets harder when you get older.

Any tips you wish to share would be appreciated.

Listening to different bands but mainly 40 meters. Seems like something is always there.
Link Posted: Today 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]
@Ramcharger_pilot
40M is the band that's open to 'somewhere' most often. One of the best things about the IC7300, (there are lots) is it's ability to store "setups" in the SD card. I use it for digital setups, interfacing with WFview, and even a setting for the AM broadcast band. It's a start.
Rob
Link Posted: Today 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: Today 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KB7DX:
In for replies as I've had mine for 2 years and have only scratched the

surface on what it can do. I think @K0UA is our resident expert here.
View Quote

Yea, he’s tops.   He doesn’t just tell you how to do it.   He teaches you why your doing something a certain way.   At least that’s what he did with the digital walk through.  

He’s a good Elmer not just an enabler.
Link Posted: Today 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
This guy has a terrific series of videos that take you through most of the IC-7300 controls:
Icom IC-7300 From A to Z - #1 Introduction, setting Bands & Modes & programming your own call sign

Be sure to grab the full version of the manual, as the above videos reference page or section numbers, so it helps to follow along in the manual: http://eventualmasteroftheobvious.com/IC-7300_ENG_FM_11.pdf  Note that the manual has been revised a little since he made the videos, but should still work pretty well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2024 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top