Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2023 11:01:21 AM EDT
As stated in the other thread I posted, my stuff is old! It has all been in storage for 18 years give or take. When I pulled the decoys out they were in serious need of som rescue! I found my old paint kit, yes it’s old too, and started getting to work. Some of the colors were solid as a rock, some a thick paste and some were ok. If it was a paste or better I am using it! No idea what I am doing because the Parker instructions with the colors is illegible. It’s still kinda fun to work on these.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking good👍
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#2]
Here is the “pond” at noon today.
Attachment Attached File

Stopped in to the local shop to get some 2’s & BB’s and of course the only boxes they had were $60 per for Bismuth.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That spot looks great.
One thing I'd recommend after seeing you mention that pond was loaded with birds in the dark; let the ducks and geese fly out to feed and set up after they leave but before they return to water from feeding.  Don't jump them at legal shooting time or many if not all of the birds will move on to a more secure roost.
Manage that spot and you should kill a lot of birds out of it; especially if you can shoot into the first few returning flocks and get out before the larger flocks return.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
That spot looks great.
One thing I'd recommend after seeing you mention that pond was loaded with birds in the dark; let the ducks and geese fly out to feed and set up after they leave but before they return to water from feeding.  Don't jump them at legal shooting time or many if not all of the birds will move on to a more secure roost.
Manage that spot and you should kill a lot of birds out of it; especially if you can shoot into the first few returning flocks and get out before the larger flocks return.
View Quote

Well it was a bust on opening day. The site went from what you see above to bone dry in two days. One of our smaller sites has water still but it has been tough to get my son to get up pre dawn for a hunt. When the weather turns bad things should pick up here. Otherwise it’s just local birds getting beaten up over and over again.
Top Top