BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2024 11:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Theblakester]
Delete. Confirmed answer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Theblakester:

Got a Rico MK1 G-LRF GH50R (3x-50mm-640res w/laser range finder). Been on about 5 or 6 hunts with it. DRT % on 1st shot at groups of hogs has been about 50%. The other 50% run when taking “neck” shots at 50-100 yards on Primos Trigger sticks tall tripod. Can’t seem to hit any runners.. or even trotters. . Thought it was me or maybe zero was off/shifted the first couple times. Went to the gun range 3-4 times to confirm zero was good over the course of the past 2 months. Only made very minor adjustments each time as in a possible 1” shift in POI at 100 yards between range trips). I zero 1.75” high at 100 yds fwiw.
Started looking more into it and am seeing that some are/were complaining about IRay scopes having a delay/lag between the time the scope processes what it’s seeing and when it puts it on the screen for the shooter to observe.
After reviewing some videos, it does look like my shots are late or behind them or like I’m not leading them enough/at all on the videos. I’m not an amazing shot, but I have a decent ability to hit the runners and make well placed shots. These last couple hunts I’ve been very focused on not rushing my follow up shots on runners. My shots have “felt good” in the moment but the hogs continue to run off appearing to be uninjured and I’m not hearing impacts.
From what I’ve read, IRay claims it’s only an issue where the video is playing back at 101.6% speed, and that there is no actual lag between what the scope sees and the time it takes to transfer it onto the display screen for your eye to see. But if the videos are being taken in real time with what the scope sees and my eyes are seeing something a second, or .25 of a second later, then that would explain why all of my shots on the runners appear to be a hair late and not have enough lead, when in my head the lead feels perfect on some of these shots at the running pigs. Most of the time I am stalking them to 50-75 yards before taking the first shot. These have been in wide open fields and on some of these groups, I have time to take 10 or 15 follow up shots. Obviously the last handful of follow up shots on some groups, the pigs are getting out past 200 yards. But the first 5-10 follow up shots these hogs are less than 150 yards away, and some less than 100.

Does anyone have any update info on this possible issue?? I will work on getting some of the videos put on here

Here’s a link to my YouTube channel with videos of other hog hunts with pulsar and Trijicon scopes I’ve used in the past and been able to hit runners.

https://youtube.com/@whenpigsdie6103?si=4fB-T-y2319x0TWn
View Quote
To test this, point the scope (of course preferably off the weapon or on a weapon that is has been triple checked has no ammo and not directly at the person) in the general direction of a person. Have them swing their arms like they are making a snow angel, standing up into the air. Have them clap their hands together when they reach the top of their swing.  You will be able to tell if there is lag when you hear the clap and what is shown in the scope.
Top Top