Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2023 2:41:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usncorpsman1]
3 hours on the smoker…….then 5 in the oven at 225. Dinner pics in a few hours

Right off the smoker.

Almost ready for the oven. Need to add my chicken stock.

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks a little firm. Might need a cup of pineapple orange juice and a cover for a a hour or so.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
Looks a little firm. Might need a cup of pineapple orange juice and a cover for a a hour or so.
View Quote

I cover the bottom of the pan with chicken stock, cover it with foil and let it cook at 225. The juices it releases and the chicken stock keep it nice and juicy. Trust me, not my first rodeo
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Done

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By usncorpsman1:

I cover the bottom of the pan with chicken stock, cover it with foil and let it cook at 225. The juices it releases and the chicken stock keep it nice and juicy. Trust me, not my first rodeo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Mine neither. Chicken stock is alright but I like the tangy flavors on WP. Talk the kids into getting you a pellet grill and you won’t have to bring it in for the final cooking.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]

WOW! That looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice try but meat “looks” very unappealing and dry. I’m not a pulled pork fan…
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hillcountry:
View Quote

If you zoom in the meat looks really moist.

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Mine neither. Chicken stock is alright but I like the tangy flavors on WP. Talk the kids into getting you a pellet grill and you won’t have to bring it in for the final cooking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I may have to give that a try. I like to smoke on the grill and then finish in the oven because the oven will maintain 225 and I do not have to tend to it at all. More time to hang out and less time tending a grill.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Since you are not a fan of pulled pork, no picture would look appealing to you even if it looked like Niagara Falls gushing out of the meat. Look closer and you will see the juices running on the plate.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

That’s what sauce is for. I like a homemade tomato apple cider with spicy chili powder flavor. Wild pork can be a bit dryer than tame pork. But by covering it with a liquid it keeps the meat moist. Some people don’t like pulled pork anyway it’s served.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Dang that makes me hungry. Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:00:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weekender7] [#12]
double posted
Top Top