Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2023 12:19:34 PM EDT
I am thinking of purchasing a new trailer later this year but I have seen some threads mention that they could not get a site due to there trailer being to long.

I am considering a 21' vs a 25' fiberglass trailer.  I hope to camp in more primitive locations with an occasion stop at a RV park.

As I am new to RVing but wish to stay at more out of the way locations as a cost saving measure and I tend to like quiet locations.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely, but mostly it applies to campers in the 40’+ range.

SC State Parks and all the other campgrounds I’ve been to have sizing available or require you to inform at the time of booking.
There are many fewer sites available for long campers than short.

As long as you stay in the 25’ and shorter length, you should not have much problem.
Still though, there are a lot of sites limited to <20’ campers, especially in the mountains( which is likely not a problem in FL).
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It certainly can. My Voltage had to be carefully planned on where we were going. The new Cougar.. not so much.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies.  

Good to know that I should be able to find a spot at RV Parks.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're boondocking, length shouldn't be a problem. We have a 34.5 foot bumper pull, and never have a problem dry camping out here in the west.

However, we were absolutely not gonna get a sight within Yosemite this summer. Their max length was 24 feet, and total rig couldn't be more than 50 feet in length. I'm at 56 feet total length. We had to reserve a site outside the park, that could accommodate our longer trailer.  Not a problem for us, we knew we'd be out of spec for a lot of Gov ran campgrounds,  but don't mind driving a few miles to get in.

Your length of trailer shouldn't be a problem in all but the most restrictive campgrounds.

Link Posted: 8/28/2023 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
21 vs 25 will make virtually no difference.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#7]
As short as you are it should not be a problem.

Most issues are when you go beyond 48-50 feet total overall length trailer and truck.  I am at 48' and have many more options than 50'+
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Not really an issue for smaller rigs, Just about all our favorite campgrounds have a max 30' rule.

Big rigs only become an problem on the beach when you have to turn around. Dual and triple axles tend to drag themselves into the sand on tight turns.
Top Top