Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2021 5:46:21 PM EDT
New life choices has given me more time, so, I Just got back to (Trout) Fishing after a 20 year hiatus.

I used to have an Arctic Creel to take home a fish or two for lunch or dinner.

Am i a Neandertal for wanting to bring home a fish or two? NO ONE makes a quality creel anymore???
Theres the cheapy $8.00 thing at the wallymart. But i'm wanting something Insulated with a reusable freezer insert.

They have small Lunch containers, but they are too block shaped/large and the shape and strap would be wrong. And I dont want to haul a cooler with ice along a stream.

I get it, it seems everyone is tossing them back, and I always did, but ONCE in While i wanna bring home a fish and have it not spoil from the stream to the truck.

So, show me your creels?
or not, maybe i'll hunt down a chinamart manufacturing representative and start importing something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I hang them on a stringer and the water keeps them cool while I am fishing. Pop them in a cooler in the truck for the ride home.
There are tons of old and new creels listed on ebay, I imagine you can find what you want there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I’ve no interest in a old world wicker creel, and the all the canvas Arctic creels are well used, dirty/crappy looking.

I long ago learned to quickly clean and cool fish for the utmost best in flavor.
Keeping them in a lukewarm creek or pond until I can get them cleaned and on ice grosses me out.

I just can’t believe no ones put together a insulated pouch in the proper dimensions with a removable/washable liner that has refreezable inserts to cool fish and a drink, with a over the shoulder strap not unlike a messenger bag with a coin purse style opening.

Is it too much to ask?
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 2:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I use one of the WalMart freezer bags made for taking cold food home.
Mrs. CP has mdded it w different straps outside and freezer pockets inside and shrunk it a bit.
Top Top