Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2024 5:57:23 PM EDT
Just curious what all dove decoy set ups the people of ARFCOM are running. My buddy and I hit it hard last year and had good luck with one MOJO and a couple regular spinners.

First day out last year we had our limit by 10AM SE Iowa

Haven't posted a picture here so hopefully that works.....

Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Mojo spinner on a modified stake, used original metal and added a 6 foot section of 1/2" fiberglass rod.
Alot of movement in a slight breeze.
Also use 3 or 4 Wing Thing spinners and a half dozen decoys if the ground cover is short enough.
Morning shoots are on sand bars and small islands on the river,  afternoon is cut alfalfa feilds.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Mojo spinner on the taller tree that they make opposed to the regular short stake and a couple stationary decoys on the ground with a couple of the tail flippers from mojo.

That being said I have found the best thing is to be where they want to be.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I do a Mojo and 2 or 3 plastic decoys on the ground clipped to a small mount I made for them. I have a second Mojo if I want to put an additional one out but I like to keep it minimalist. I'm not sold they make a big difference, maybe something that distracts the birds and gives them something to focus on besides me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top