Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2022 10:23:32 PM EDT
Does anyone know which counties are participating in the depredation hunt for elk in July?

Better yet, is anyone here a landowner who would allow an east coast guy to hunt on their property during the depredation hunt?

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I had no idea there was one.  They must be wrecking crops.

July in Nebraska.  You’ll have just a few hours to get that meat on ice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, from what I understand it’s pretty bad.  I figured it would be very warm there in July.  After some more reading it seems like there aren’t many landowners that have openings.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Just read up on it.  25-30 elk estimate in the hunt area, which is all center pivot irrigated land.  They are tearing up Nebraskas beloved corn, and the hunt is now off limits to non resident.   They got bombed with people buying 40$ non resident tags.  Imagine that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I’ll have to be quicker next time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top