Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2024 5:00:17 PM EDT
So I ordered the Invota Ham Clock package with key board. Once I got it up and running after figuring out the mini keyboard it worked great. Then one night I tried to bring it up and nothing. I tried all three USB ports and still nothing so I sent it in for reflashing after a couple of emails with support. They flashed and sent it back but because of Helene and the mail not running and no power it was several days before I got around to it. Powered it up went through the he set up menu and worked great again. However two days later when I try to start I get no signal from the USB port in the monitor. Tried all three ports then moved it to my laptop, same thing won't start. Fan runs, blue light on but nothing to the screen. Don't know what I'm doing to kill it. You can buy a card from them to do your own reflash, I guess that's my next option.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine has been running over a year with no issues other than I had to pull power once because it wouldn't drop the ham clock to get to the home screen. I like mine, not sure what is happening with yours.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldcatawba] [#2]
Does your's run continuously? Since I got it back from reflash the fan and light stay on all the time. Have plugged into my laptop right now and nothing is coming on but the fan and light stay on as long as power is on. I ordered the factory restore SD card.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Somewhere in my stash is a Heathkit GC-1107. First kit I ever built (1977). That thing literally ran for three decades straight before I took it out of line.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By oldcatawba:
Does your's run continuously? Since I got it back from reflash the fan and light stay on all the time. Have plugged into my laptop right now and nothing is coming on but the fan and light stay on as long as power is on. I ordered the factory restore SD card.
View Quote

Yes, I never shut it off, just the monitor.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok thanks for that. I guess I'll reflash it myself when the card gets here and see what happens.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I see the software is available to build and install on a variety of PC platforms including Ubuntu Linux. Anyone done so?
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
My Quadra stays on 24/7 no fan. I did set the screen saver in the menu to blank the screen for the hours I'm not around.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I built and installed it on the upstairs office personal PC.

Then I got ambitious and built a shelf to hold the docking station for the tablet PC which usually serves as the client for my wfview radio server.

After all got cabled up I pulled the source, built and installed it. Resolution was specified as 1600x960 and this looks very nice on a 10" screen.

Might as well put it to work for something when it's sitting on the dock charging the battery. I'll see if I get lockups as some of you mentioned.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
My mini keyboard crapped out so, I got a simple mouse and keyboard to replace it.

For the money, I don't think it can be beat. I got a small inexpensive monitor that works great.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I really like the program but am disappointed it has failed twice. I got shipping confirmation on the reflash card today so I hope I can get it working again.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Just thinking here, but do you have a different power supply you could try if it takes a dump on you again?
Link Posted: Today 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope you get your Invota Ham Clock fixed. I do like Ham Clock

I looked into buying one along with building a Raspberry Pi5. I ended up going a slightly different route. I found a re-certified Dell Optiplex 3050 Micro on Amazon for $80. It came with Windows 10 on it but I installed Linux for a dual boot system.  While the Dell wasn't as cheap as the Invota, it was cheaper that a Raspberry Pi5 and I can run all of my programs on it without any issues.

I was wondering about heat issues with the Invota. Hopefully that isn't an issue for those having problems.
Link Posted: Today 8:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldcatawba] [#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Just thinking here, but do you have a different power supply you could try if it takes a dump on you again?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
This is the power supply included but the instructions say you can run it directly from an open USB port as well and skip the adapter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top