Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2024 8:23:48 PM EDT
I guess people are getting past worried and tense when ads for places to buy antibiotics pop up on Facebook.  Had adds for a Jase Case (Jase Medical) and Duration Health.  Both advertising nylon cases with an assortment of antibiotics address various ailments. I don’t remember seeing either of these companies mentioned here and didn’t find anything running a search. Has anyone dealt with them?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ScubaDachshund:
I guess people are getting past worried and tense when ads for places to buy antibiotics pop up on Facebook.  Had adds for a Jase Case (Jase Medical) and Duration Health.  Both advertising nylon cases with an assortment of antibiotics address various ailments. I don’t remember seeing either of these companies mentioned here and didn’t find anything running a search. Has anyone dealt with them?
View Quote

Ordered a kit from JASE about two years ago. The process was super simple and comes with an instructional manual telling you what to take if hou have X. That reminds me, its time to reorder.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a jace order, quick, easy and painless, and you can always order more.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Jase case.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:44:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burncycle] [#4]
Yep, they're both good to go.  Contingency medical is too.  The wellness company is a 4th advance prescriber company but I haven't used them.

IIRC duration does require a virtual consult, was pretty painless.

Get it while you can
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the duration kit.  At the time the conversation was with the founder himself.    He reviewed future travel plans to make sure there wasn’t a need to customize further.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive ordered Jase and will order again
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several Jase cases and one order from Contingency.  Both are outstanding with easy approvals.  

Jase will let you add on all sorts of extra RX meds, which is very useful.  

Duration is good as well but I found them to be much more expensive for smaller quantities compared to the others.  

Duration and Jase both have pediatric options as well.

As was previously posted: Do it now while you can.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
FWIW I now ask every time I get an antibiotic prescription at urgent care if they could add a refill as I will be taking a trip soon.  So far I am 2 and 1.  And one Dr. gave me 2 refills on a Z-pack.  You just have to wait until it can be refilled, but another way to very slowly build some stock.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Jase.

Came down with pertussis and couldn’t get to the doctor. Used the Z pack and knocked it right out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Been thinking about a Jase case. I haven't looked into it yet though.

What kind of shelf life do antibiotics typically have? I worry about if things ever really went south and we can't get meds, particularly because we live in an area where Lyme disease and the ticks that carry it are extremely prevalent.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding was that advanced prescribers are required to put no greater than a 1 year exp date on drugs per regulatory requirements, but the drugs obviously last beyond that if properly stored because if prescribed normally are not under such requirements and the same drug would typically be labeled with a longer date. Finally, even these longer dates are are often conservative, and somewhere floating out there is a pdf of the DOD SLEP study that found that these drugs are often effective well beyond their expiratory date, to varying degrees. Obviously at your own risk, since the availability of these advanced prescribers allow for regular replacement there isn't really any reason to take expired medication. I'm not throwing mine out at the one year mark, but nor am I going to keep them for long after the typical expiration dates.  Should the particular medicine be found in the DOD SLEP study I'll use that as my guide.

Regarding the -cyclines after expiration, my understanding is that these are no longer dangerous to take post expiration and the fears were the vestigial remains of a time when they might have caused harm wrt earlier formulations but you know what they say about taking advice from strangers on the internet...  

Since there are at least 4 advanced prescribers out there, I'd just as soon keep rotating out fresh stuff.  As expensive as they are it's still cheaper than one ER visit, just a matter of priorities. Stock and rotate like food and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting, thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered from Jase and a lot from india.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 4:47:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InsaneRusher] [#14]
I am very new to this idea of med prepping. Never needing long term meds until a few years ago and has been on my mind since it became a requirement for me.  

Saw Jase meds in another thread and decided to get off the fence and do something about my concerns

Easy quick fairly painless and got my years supply of meds for a couple hundred out of pocket.  I can’t express enough how having a years supply of the meds I need has eased my fears.  While other preps I have are comforting I always figure I have options for alternative methods of survival. Without the meds my expiration date is insanely short

Stuff like this and the knowledge base of the posters on Arfcom is what keeps me coming back here. Well that and the you laugh you lose thread 😀
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By InsaneRusher:
I am very new to this idea of med prepping. Never needing long term meds until a few years ago and has been on my mind since it became a requirement for me.  

Saw Jase meds in another thread and decided to get off the fence and do something about my concerns

Easy quick fairly painless and got my years supply of meds for a couple hundred out of pocket.  I can’t express enough how having a years supply of the meds I need has eased my fears.  While other preps are comforting I always figure I have options for alternative methods of survival. Without the meds my expiration date is insanely short

Stuff like this and the knowledge base of the posters on Arfcom is what keeps me coming back here. Well that and the you laugh you lose thread 😀
View Quote

What was the process to get the meds like?

Both my wife and I have meds we're rather not do without. I don't think I'll be able to get a year of mine
due to being a scheduled drug (it's just TRT, but they feds seem to be insane over it) while my wife's is a
MS drug that's fairly cheap but we haven't been able to get the doc to go past a 30 day auto-renweing
prescription, and that's with us cash pay as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 5:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InsaneRusher] [#16]
Filled out the online forms just click boxes really
Typed in the meds name from my prescription bottles
Confirmed the meds I wanted to order
They texted me to take photos of my medication bottles labels and text back to them
I made a slight mistake on one of the meds I ordered that their online doctor corrected
Was texted asking me to confirm the meds again

All that took about maybe 15 minutes of my time and within a few hours my meds were ordered

Took about 8 days for the meds to arrive my house

I have had more hassle trying to fill a prescription that ran out over a holiday weekend
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Midcap just made a thread about this, and there were numerous helpful replies.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JBFJ40:
I have the duration kit.  At the time the conversation was with the founder himself.    He reviewed future travel plans to make sure there wasn’t a need to customize further.
View Quote

Same here, have used both. At the time Duration had more options.

Jase now does prescription meds too.

Will be a future customer of both.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Ordered through Duration recently. It’s not cheap, but feels good to have that covered
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:39:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Burncycle] [#20]
Curious that twc doesn't include Cipro and Keflex since the same company offers it in another kit.

Link Posted: 9/23/2024 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone use their flex spending account to get reimbursed for this? I've got money to spend in mine before the end of the year and this seems like a great option.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SIG_gunner:
Anyone use their flex spending account to get reimbursed for this? I've got money to spend in mine before the end of the year and this seems like a great option.
View Quote

Hmm, that's a pretty interesting question. I have an HSA, would love to use that money for this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I did Jase - one for their case, the other for a maintenance medication I already take.  You will pay more for all of these vs insurance or even good RX - but no need to convince your doctor.  The maintenance medication interaction was done via text.  They did want photos of the current bottle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By seek2:

What was the process to get the meds like?

Both my wife and I have meds we're rather not do without. I don't think I'll be able to get a year of mine
due to being a scheduled drug (it's just TRT, but they feds seem to be insane over it) while my wife's is a
MS drug that's fairly cheap but we haven't been able to get the doc to go past a 30 day auto-renweing
prescription, and that's with us cash pay as well.
View Quote

Has anyone ordered the 1 year supply of meds?

I'm on TRT as well, but Jase's website doesn't list TRT as one of their medications.
Top Top